March 28, 2024, 04:00:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reliant Trike Frame  (Read 7285 times)
Olds

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2017, 07:20:07 AM »

This was my first attempt at a trike frame. It really isn't too difficult to build a Manky type frame but it's certainly not a quick job, which is why a decent frame will not be cheap. The thick wall pipe bends well without collapsing and makes an incredibly strong frame that is easy to weld. A 12 ton pipe bender from ebay will cost about £70 new delivered and if you are not confidant in welding there are usually welders out there who will do it for you for a few quid once you have it jigged up.
 Naturally if changing the frame the trike will need to be re-registered Wink

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
the coppersmith

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2017, 12:30:46 PM »

I was lucky enough to be shown "Baychimps" trike the other day, what a great bit of work that is, made all want, want, want  Grin but I have another project on the go and it will be my last one Shocked 
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2017, 07:49:51 PM »

Hold on a minute you guys, Simon has laid the cards down, knows a bit about mech. and elect. but sod all about pipe strangling or welding, so its pointless him buying a benders really. I also feel that if he needs one built, then perhaps the pro. outfits are his best bet, as most am. builders on here are far to busy with their own multitude of (misguided) projects Grin, so unless I'm reading the situation incorrectly, use the site as we all do Simon, and its a pleasure to do so I can assure you, but a purpose built frame, maybe that's an ask too far................only my take on it however, Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Olds

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2017, 10:02:20 PM »

I was just trying say that while a Manky style frame can be built with little previous experience or equipment it wouldn't be quick but it would be a lot cheaper even allowing for the purchase of some equipment.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2017, 10:49:03 PM »

Hey Olds, I get that, but y'know its sometimes easy to forget just how "unskilled" some are, and that's not a criticism, just an observation, but it can mean that what appears to some as relatively simple to some, can, to others, be right out of court! like Dirty harry said "...know your limitations!" Grin Grin..Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Simon.S

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2017, 11:17:47 PM »

And I certainly know my limitations!   lol 
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2017, 08:46:50 AM »

Simon,where we're you when I needed an electric magic man ? I'd gladly help if you was nearer but I'm sort of packing up my workshop and getting ready for my next adventure so don't really want another big project  Grin

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Simon.S

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2017, 12:53:33 PM »

Probably lying around in a hospital bed in Sunny Chelmsford Stinky!   I think I've get a bed permanently booked there! 😂
Simon.S

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2017, 12:56:35 PM »

I'm in no rush as it's passed it's MOT!!!!!!   Shocked  So I've got another year to breathe!  Grin
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2017, 09:41:24 PM »

That's cool

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
minimutly

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2017, 11:43:22 PM »

Let's have a pic then?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: