April 26, 2024, 07:28:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22
  Print  
Author Topic: bit of help required  (Read 86858 times)
the coppersmith

« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2017, 09:20:32 AM »

It was on the roof rack of the Saab driving through Plymouth that was worrying, Bit of rope, it will be fine, arm out the window, praying that the law will forgive me.  Cheesy
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2017, 09:53:16 AM »

Cheesy

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
merv

« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2017, 08:41:57 PM »

Looking good

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2017, 10:28:56 PM »

Saw these in Newbury, Berkshire when I was dropping off parts at the powder-coaters & thought of you Smiley

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2017, 10:29:25 PM »

the coppersmith

« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2017, 09:34:20 AM »

Bank holiday Monday, And I've had a big failure of the Dolomite sprint powered Dutton. Sat in the middle of Dartmoor waiting 5 hours for recovery. At least it was hot and sunny  Cheesy  The good thing is how many people just slowed and asked if we, the wife and I, were OK while waiting for the rescue. Faith in human nature restored  Wink Anyway all home late last evening and it seems the electronic module I fitted for reliability over points and condenser has collapsed, Uhm !
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2017, 09:52:08 PM »

Bugger -but at least you know what the problem is.

the coppersmith

« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2017, 08:48:41 AM »

Any one help? having a bit of a disagreement with DVLA. They are refusing to issue me with the log book for the old car I rescued. The old guy I got it from, has sent the V5 to DVLA with my name etc. and gave me the bottom bit. DVLA asked for photo's of the chassis number and the car registration number to "update" their records. Now they are saying because the car was not a complete car, no engine or box, they cannot issue a V5. When its built they will inspect it and issue a registration document. But, they will not confirm f I will get the same registration plate. Or even an age related plate. Bit miffed at present  Sad
paulywombats

« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2017, 10:11:57 AM »

I don't think you have much redress from your situation.

I would bombard them with your opinion in a positive way. Make your argument and make it precise and to the point.

It will probably take a lot of phone conversations, ask a lot of question until you get to the right person. At that point put everything in writing addressed to them, and cross everything.

I thought I was wrong once, it turned out I was incorrect!
Living on a wing and a weld
Olds

« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2017, 11:16:14 AM »

Never a good idea to let them know it's not a complete car when sending in the V5.
If they will let you get away with just an inspection, think yourself lucky that it's not IVA they want.
I hope you have kept receipts for the engine gearbox etc just in case they ask for them.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2017, 02:00:40 PM »

Kev, ("Kapri")'s the chap to talk to about this. It's not just your car Steve, but all "specials", customs & imports that don't tick the usual boxes. Bloody annoying I'm sure, but I can kinda understand them wanting to sort out all the vague or downright dodgy registrations now that everything can be easily tracked by computer. They can get a much clearer picture of what's actually out there on the roads now.
Kev hasn't called in here for a little while, but he's set up a FaceBook page called The Continuum to deal with all registration issues. It's a closed group, so you need to ask to join, but worth it for the pooled information that's there.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 03:14:29 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

the coppersmith

« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2017, 02:32:35 PM »

thanks for that Andy, I also mentioned it on a kit car forum, whole bag of worms has surfaced, sort of confirming that you are right. Seems it is because it is incomplete and not ran since 1982, pre sorn days! However there is a chap in the Dutton club who has "contacts" within DVLA. So lets see what he throws up, its not like I'm in a hurry, at least 12 months to go yet.
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2017, 04:28:15 PM »

Yes dvla (big brother ) is watching everything now..one reason I've stopped putting up pics Undecided

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2017, 07:16:23 AM »

When we put my Pop through the SVA test back in 2013 I dealt with a really helpful woman at the Wimbledon DVLA office. We chatted quite a bit during several visits to fill out paperwork & she told me she often visited car forums cos she was genuinely interested in vehicles. Said she read all sorts of mis information & outright admissions of regulation breaking but her bosses told her she wasn't allowed to comment on anything she read.
So they know what goes on.

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2017, 08:10:40 AM »

Can you imagine how helpful (and easy for the dvla) it would be if they had their own website /forum with questions and answers plus pictures to show us what's the correct way ?
But I suspect they don't know half the time anyway ? Judging by their record so far ?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22
  Print  

Jump to: