March 28, 2024, 04:08:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bikes and parts, and Spiders  (Read 3724 times)
the coppersmith

« on: May 18, 2017, 08:19:20 AM »

Thought I better drag this over here from the wanted section. After delving into a semi collapsed shed I found a Honda 650 and a Suzuki 750 2 stroke covered in a tarp and weeds growing within, and lots of spiders !  Talking to he woman who has been left this she is keen to sell, as long as her son agrees. So I'm in negotiations for both bikes. Yesterday the son reckons there is a third bike in this collapsed shed. So risking life and limb against these huge spiders I delved deeper, and found a Suzuki Virago 535? I think. The son claims it has been there since 2004. It will be Sunday now before we can safely uncover and remove the 3 bikes. JCB stood by to try and lift the collapsed roof. So, the adventure looks like it is about to begin in earnest. Camera stood by ready.
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 11:26:15 AM »

Didn't think things like this happened anymore ? Plenty of pics PLEASE Wink

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
the coppersmith

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 01:18:24 PM »

Guy who died was a mate of mine, probably the best TIG welder I have ever worked with. Hard drinker, smoker, fry up every snack time. Died suddenly, no illness. Just retired like me, and was about to start loads of projects that had been on back burners for years. His widow asked if I could help clear the crap, sort the wheat from the chaff so to speak, son not really up to it, that's where I am right now, sorting out welders, spanners, axle's etc. Inventory and sell what we can, and hope to buy a bit too.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 09:04:06 PM »

If it's a Virago, it's a Yamaha.  I think the equivalent V twin Suzuki might have been a savage?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 09:41:21 PM »

The Savage was a 650 single. The Suzuki V twin was the Intruder.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
the coppersmith

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 08:06:24 AM »

Hi, after another forage into the shed with a torch, one of those that straps to your head but never lights up the part you want, it is a Yamaha Virago, pretty rusty one by the looks. Been there since 2004 when it failed its MOT. No lights by all accounts.
spanners

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 04:03:48 PM »

Hi, after another forage into the shed with a torch, one of those that straps to your head but never lights up the part you want, it is a Yamaha Virago, pretty rusty one by the looks. Been there since 2004 when it failed its MOT. No lights by all accounts.

TRIKE IT,,, you know you really want to

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 08:11:43 PM »

pretty rusty one by the looks.

Pretty typical then.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
the coppersmith

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 12:17:19 PM »

Quick update on all this saga, the word "Probate" has popped up, every thing is on hold  Sad
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2017, 06:55:33 PM »

Hmm, that could take a while then.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: