April 19, 2024, 05:35:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: GUESS THE INSURANCE QUOTE  (Read 5412 times)
spanners

« on: May 16, 2017, 01:45:07 PM »

hi,guys

looks like i,m keeping the trike  ,, summers coming ,, Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

just been getting insurance quotes,

ended up with adrian flux ,,bikesure,

they dont want to do fully comp,
but came back with a ,third party fire n, theft ,, quote ,, with the normal stuff like legal expenses and hire vehicle covered etc

so what  do you guys recon they  qouted me ,, without any no claims , as i havnt any i can transfer of any other policy ..

jaffa cake or can of pop to the closest guess ,, Roll Eyes

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
terry t

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 03:22:02 PM »

About £800. forget the hire vehicle. what's the annual mileage and excess 
spanners

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 03:28:47 PM »

5000 miles  no excess mentioned

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
terry t

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 04:45:15 PM »

5000 miles  no excess mentioned
All policy's carries an excess of some decryption. done both my trike f/c 5000 mile 250 excess recovery

£440.00 no claims for one mirror discount for the other
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 06:21:22 PM »

Mike, Give One Call Insurance a try, and go for 3rd Party only, as, how do you put a price on a self build anyway, unless you go the more expensive agreed price route, you may be surprised! Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
spanners

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 06:37:05 PM »

Mike, Give One Call Insurance a try, and go for 3rd Party only, as, how do you put a price on a self build anyway, unless you go the more expensive agreed price route, you may be surprised! Morrag

cheers, i,ll try them tommorow,

terry t

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 06:45:47 PM »

So how much was flux then.
spanners

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 06:57:31 PM »

So how much was flux then.

£253.80

but i may pay it monthly unless i get a  better quote

minimutly

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 08:37:39 PM »

I'm assuming you refused the "extras" the add on like keys, leathers, aa relay, oh what else - can't remember, but it added up to a whole lot for mine.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 10:15:57 PM »

My trike was insured with bikesure for a long time, they were always expensive but there are so few insurers that do trikes.  Maybe a few more now that trikes are more popular.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 06:39:27 AM »

If you drop the mileage to 3000 they should do fully comp, they did for me £125 all in.

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
spanners

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 01:34:24 PM »

right i,m doing a bit more shoppin around
one sticking point seams to be the value Huh  i recon around £2500

what do you all think ,, should it be more or less Huh

spanners

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 01:50:27 PM »

one call ===== one waste of time  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  i called them and they directed mt to there online quote site  which dosnt recognise a honda cx 500 trike  infact its a useless site  so  i called them again only to get yet another indian sounding call handler  who couldnt help and directed me back to the same page of same site

so i dont think they want my business

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 06:56:09 PM »

Well Mike, I have to speak as I find, and in my dealing with them they have been first class. Their web site is simple to use, and the only telephone operative I have occasion to speak too was a pleasant young Northern girl, who was equally helpful,and they quoted the cheapest price, by far, for my 3 Wheeler, which I have just renewed with an increase over last years quote of only £1.00 still, there you go......Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
spanners

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 07:03:02 PM »

Well Mike, I have to speak as I find, and in my dealing with them they have been first class. Their web site is simple to use, and the only telephone operative I have occasion to speak too was a pleasant young Northern girl, who was equally helpful,and they quoted the cheapest price, by far, for my 3 Wheeler, which I have just renewed with an increase over last years quote of only £1.00 still, there you go......Morrag

i,v been thinking and looking around a lot this afternoon,

and i may phone them again tommorow and see if i get a differant operator .

i think i phoned the right people  i got the number of the tin-ter-net

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: