March 29, 2024, 01:09:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PAYPAL,,SCAM,  (Read 1365 times)
spanners

« on: May 16, 2017, 01:37:09 PM »

hi, guys
is there a PAYPAL scam doing the rounds ??

i,v had  four emails at the same time  saying that my paypal account is suspended and asking me to confirm  my details,, login  and password etc ,,

but when i check on ebay  there is no mention of it in my messages or account details ,, Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I SMELL A RAT,,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Dslam

Wot ho chaps, its bloody Whitworth!!

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 04:33:04 PM »

If you are even slightly suspicious then it probably is a scam/Phishing mail. PayPal use your name on the mail and usually quote the last four of the account you use to pay. To make sure sign into your account, outside of any email links, and anything genuine will appear in you messages within PayPal.
The genuine website will begin HTTP in the address bar and should show a secure padlock icon.
Never open a link in an 'official email' just in case. Always get to a web address outside of emails unless you are convinced the sender is legit. Even then I assume not.
Hope that helps.
Andy
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 04:34:39 PM by Dslam » Logged
spanners

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 05:10:36 PM »

no,HTTP, in address bar  and the email address looks well dodgy ,,

best watch out for it guys   dont get caught out  it nearly had me ,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
JayJay

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 07:35:50 PM »

If you get anything suspicious from PayPal forward it (preferably without opening it) to spoof@paypal.com. I've had a few. One the other day said I had added a new payment contact in the subject line. I knew I hadn't so I just forwarded it straight to paypal. The con merchants want you to panic when you see something like that and click on their links to check. I'm sure some people must fall for it. The steps Dslam laid out are the best way to go if you really want to check. Thanks for mentioning it though Mike.  Smiley

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 10:12:14 PM »

I get these fairly regularly - I make it a rul NEVER to click a link in any emails about accounts etc, I go direct to the site and if there's nothing on my account details then it's a phishing scam.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
peewee

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 07:28:47 PM »

Get the same one myself.never open them they will empty your account in the blink of an eye.
poprodder

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 06:16:29 AM »

get half dozen a week, not just pp but from banks etc. never had one from the bank i'm actually with!!!! lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: