April 19, 2024, 04:15:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apparently I'm cool!  (Read 1660 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: May 12, 2017, 09:41:45 PM »

I've been working with a young lad at work today. Full of the usual swagger & ego.
He was telling me all about his amazing trail bike. 80cc but he'd once owned a 150cc & had I seen that Sons of Anarchy programme on the telly?
I told him I don't own a telly, then showed him a photo of my 650cc hardtail chop.
He couldn't believe I was a biker.
My mate's Dad's got one of them 3 wheeled ones.
I pulled up a couple of photos of my trikes on my phone.
He was gobsmacked. I could see him thinking But you're old & quiet. You can't have stuff like that.
Have you seen those American hotrod programmes?
I showed him photos of my V8 engined pick-up.
-totally blown away!  Cool
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 09:46:56 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
twisted

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 10:29:23 PM »

Grin Grin Grin ha ha ha bet his jaw is still dragging on the floor

a man with a fork in a world full of soup
spanners

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 12:09:35 AM »

great  innit,,, kids just dont know our world...

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 01:18:58 PM »

He couldn't get his head around ordinary people building stuff in their sheds. As far as he was concerned, one-off creations are for celebrities & rich blokes, who pay companies to create them for them, like he sees on the telly.

minimutly

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 03:46:03 PM »

"Like he sees on the telly" - exactly. The problem I believe stems from a lack of reallity in their world - if it aint in the telly or on faceboock or you tube it cant be true...
JayJay

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 09:30:59 PM »

ANDY:
He was gobsmacked. I could see him thinking But you're old & quiet. You can't have stuff like that.

Trouble is we probably treated those in their 40s/50s the same way when we were teenagers/early twenties. We thought them too old for anything fun. I know, looking back, my life was totally centred around myself and my mates. We thought we were the bee's knees and we didn't care what the oldies thought of us. Now we are that age, it's still young to us. Even 70 seems relatively young in terms of too young to be pushing up daisies whereas years ago we were lucky to live our allotted three score years and ten. At least his responses gave you a boost Andy. You have proof you are still alive and definitely kicking.  Cool  Cheesy

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 09:49:24 PM »

Cheesy I am indeed down wit da kidz.

Baychimp

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 09:05:04 PM »

Now show him some pictures of the Basingstoke show, and really make his day.
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 09:49:20 PM »

That's a good idea?  It was nice seeing my grandson checking out the cars..he loved the orange supercharged mini..( his size ) he's really getting into our kinda stuff now..which cool..on Sunday he noticed the small number plate on my chop (Steve ) which I've had since 1973, "wow grandad I like that "
A few weeks ago he was playing some car game on his Xbox/play station thing..Drift Cars..I asked if it had any old cars on it? We found a MK 1 lotus Cortina..which we souped up/ lowered etc..then I told him go try and Drift that ?...I had to show him how..HeHe..

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 10:28:05 PM »

My van budd at work told me today that he'd overheard the 2 young lads next door to him talking about the big black American pick-up truck they'd seen at the show & how it was way cooler than their hatchback. That'll be Chris's Chevy S10 then Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: