March 28, 2024, 12:11:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jehovah's Witnesses  (Read 1671 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: April 21, 2017, 09:08:29 PM »

Get a lot of these guys lurking around the housing estate I deliver to. Must've been a dozen of them today, going door to door in pairs. I'm not Religious at all -I'm quite happy for others to believe in fairies if they want to, but seriously object when they come knocking on the door, trying to berate me into believing, especially when they drag their kids along with them & present them to you when you open the door, as they were doing today.
They're annoying when I'm working, cos they're constantly in the way when I'm running from door to door trying to deliver the Mail. Also, householders see them coming & won't open the door to me, thinking I'm the God botherer. Get out of my way & stop being so damn polite & trying to engage me in conversation.  Angry
For some reason, as I tried to push past them to get to a letterbox today, one of them asked "Excuse me. Are there any deaf people around here?" -presumably cos everyone was pretending they hadn't heard the doorbell.
Obviously, I immediately said
"Pardon?"
-and he patiently asked me again.
Jeez, I bet you lot are a barrel of laughs at parties.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 09:45:26 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 09:09:36 PM »

Apparently, Russia has recently banned them as an organised Religious Cult.
The one I spoke to today was definitely a Cult.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 09:45:57 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Baychimp

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 09:20:19 PM »

They have stopped knocking on our door now, I told them that I was Jewish, and as one of Gods chosen people,and as they were not of a true faith and blatant sinners they didn't have a hope of converting me. Worked a treat, they just check in their little notebooks now and walk straight past us. Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 09:23:38 PM by Baychimp » Logged
Baychimp

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 09:22:12 PM »

Apparently, Russia has recently banned them as an organised Religeous Cult.
The one I spoke to today was definitely a Cult.

Are you sure you spelt that last word right  Roll Eyes
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 10:36:32 PM »

My daughter when she was about 15, answered the door to them when I was out - she said "No thanks, me dad's in jail and me mum's on the game and I'm quite happy thanks" - it kept them away for years, they used to consult their clipboard and move on!   Grin

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
poprodder

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 12:49:39 PM »

i just tell them to uck off!!!! seems to work.

JayJay

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 05:59:09 PM »

I won't be calling at your houses then.

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
JayJay

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 12:39:17 PM »

I won't be calling at your houses then.

Silence!!! I was only winding you up. I don't like people at my door at all if I don't know them and sometimes not even then.  Grin

When I lived in the Midlands, we would get JWs, Mormons and Seventh Day Adventists selling their "religions". A mate who was a 1%er became one of the latter. The change was amazing. His marriage ended though as his wife could not cope with his new life and he found it hard to keep a job because of his attendance at meetings and proselytising. As his meeting place was around the corner from where I lived, we spent time together talking about his new views but we agreed to disagree. In the end I moved and lost track of him. My best memory of him is him headbanging to Deep Purple's Black Night with his black waist length hair whizzing around his head.  Cool

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
kapri

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 01:20:41 PM »

I've worked with JWs in the past and been friends with some , very early girlfriends parents were JWs and thought I was the spawn of the devil because we ran a local club. They changed their minds when he started singing in a C&W band , always out boozing ! LOL

I have no problems with anyone religions or philosphies providing hey don't try to convert me or the way I live my life. I am in fact quite likley to ask questions of their religion / faith as I like to understand their beliefs even if I chose not to.
terry t

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 05:50:38 PM »

I just say to them and the election candidates sorry I don't talk politics or religion on my door step. and I'm not inviting you in bye
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: