April 28, 2024, 11:05:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky 2008 Calendar  (Read 52026 times)
tazet
« Reply #285 on: September 19, 2008, 11:16:09 PM »

Grin
panthershaun

« Reply #286 on: September 20, 2008, 11:24:13 AM »

mmmm nice idea Wink maybe I can get Bobcat and the Pop together Grin Grin

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
The pointy helmet

« Reply #287 on: February 10, 2009, 09:18:07 PM »

I've just seen this subject.

Did / are /  will - any  calendars  come about?

Could be a nice, long term running project.

tazet
« Reply #288 on: February 10, 2009, 09:20:36 PM »

Yeah so long term it's been what 2 years and not enough members vehicles to add. If we get enough interest then yes we will do this but if not it will just sit here as an idea. We are not going to force people to submit their photos.
tbone

« Reply #289 on: February 10, 2009, 09:34:38 PM »

erm, i thought we were waiting on you for the final slot??
I have an action shot of me watching paint dry !

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
tazet
« Reply #290 on: February 10, 2009, 09:44:19 PM »

Will have a look back at the list. From what I remember we had lots of names but not many photos. Give me a min and I'll have a look at what we have. Luckly it's all on my laptop and not Manky's poorly computer.
tazet
« Reply #291 on: February 10, 2009, 10:13:28 PM »

Ok just trawled through the last 20 pages and this is the list as last checked.

2010 Calendar-

Jan - Tazet
Feb - Davesatan ------- Got pics
Mar -
Apr - Twisted
May - Ska-man -------- Got pics
June - Trikerpete ------ Got pics
July - Flap ------------- Got pics
Aug - BikerGran
Sept - Manky 
Oct - Janie-postie & Dave
Nov - Panthershaun
Dec - Group?   

2011 Calendar-
Yoda

As you can see lots of names, (one month short) but not everyone has submitted photos.
If you would like to be in the calendar then please add your name and email the photos to me please. We want a shot of your vehicl on it's own in a scenic spot, (preferably with weather to suit your chosen month) and a portrait shot of yourself, (shoulders up) all in as big a size photo as you can please as I need it to be reasonable quality for printing out and it will be the size of A4 ish.

If you want the December slot then it must have a Christmas theme to the photos please.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #292 on: February 10, 2009, 11:16:32 PM »

I was all poised to send the phot of my trike along when the idea of a shot of the rider as well was introduced - I have hardly any pics of me and can't find any that I'd want anyone else to look at!  So I never sent the trike pics along...........

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
tazet
« Reply #293 on: February 11, 2009, 02:12:58 AM »

What about the photo of you that you sent in to go on the people section of the main site. If you have a full size version of that I can crop it down a bit.
We are looking for normal people and as it's a forum thing it doesn't matter what you look like so long as you have more clothes on than the photos Davesatan sent in.  Grin
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 10:37:10 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #294 on: February 11, 2009, 02:16:26 AM »

What about the photo of you that you sent in to go on the people section of the main site. If you have a full size version of that I can crop it down a bit.
We are looking for normal people and as it's a forum thing it doesn't matter what you look like so ling as you have more clothes on than the photos Davesatan sent in.  Grin
thats a point Taz s the people section been updated?

More metal than skin
tazet
« Reply #295 on: February 11, 2009, 02:19:15 AM »

No it hasn't. Funny you should say that as we were only talking about it yesterday and said we need some more photos to add to it. Also the old biker photos hasn't been added to for a long time. Hint hint everyone  Grin PS cant add them till Manky's computer comes back but could gather stuff ready.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #296 on: February 11, 2009, 10:52:00 AM »

Bobbi. We're looking for shots of the owners/builders, not glamour models -not that you're not glamourous of course! Kiss
People always complain about bike & car calendars having models draped all over the vehicles, obscuring the bits you want to look at. We'd rather see real people, with their machines. So we thought a nice shot of the vehicle, whether it's a bike, trike or car, in a photogenic location, preferably reflecting the month of the year that it'll be displayed on, (among Spring flowers for the Spring months, on a sea front or in a meadow for the Summer, in the rain in Autumn, snow in Winter -whatever. You get the idea). Even a nice moody workshop shot of an unfinished project might work well. Then a smaller head n shoulders portrait shot of the owner, looking natural & unposed, overlaid on one corner of the main pic. The layout's already decided & should be around here somewhere. You don't have to look glamourous, or ruffty tuffty, just natural.
The calendar idea's been hanging around for a couple of years now, but obviously needs input from you lot. Too late in the year now to sell them really, but bear it in mind when you're out & about this year & we'll gather together material for the 2010 edition.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]
  Print  

Jump to: