April 19, 2024, 01:34:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: a dogs life !  (Read 5686 times)
JayJay

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2017, 07:33:49 PM »

... I just gave the postie a hand full of dog treats and asked him to give one to the dog when they were pups, before he posted the mail. I think he only had to do it a couple of times before they decided he was a  good guy. Well trained dogs, in my opinion as a dog handler of over twenty years , are more contented than most of the semi feral ( he's a real character...)  pet dogs I know ...

That was a good idea Iceman. I agree, dogs, like children, need boundaries. I think it makes them feel safer and more secure. Unfortunately we think Alfie, rescued at a year old, had already been allowed to get up to whatever he wanted to. He has been taught a lot since and is quite good (people often comment about how good he is) but probably not as good as if he had been trained from a pup.

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
JayJay

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017, 12:31:19 AM »

Me again. I tried your link Iceman (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08zm778) but it said the episodes were not currently available.  Cry

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Iceman

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2017, 10:43:47 PM »

Hello JJ. Oops, sorry about that. It was a series called '10 puppies and me ' - most of which was Pot Noodle for the brain but I thought the crew made a good job of the bit they filmed in Scotland. I think it is to be repeated early next year, if so, I'll give you a heads up. I'm kinda glad the link doesn't work in a way: I've just re read my reply to the post and in my clumsy way I come over as being a bit up myself......
Anyway, it sound a like you got the balance right with Alfie  - they are like kids in that you want them to be civilised without knocking the spirit out of them. It's good that so many folks on here appreciate dogs. How people treat animals is a thermometer of how civilised their society is, which makes MMM civilised indeed. But then we know that, don't we?
Tom.

Embrace your inner lunatic. Fun times guaranteed!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2017, 11:16:57 PM »

Tongue

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Baychimp

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2017, 09:17:38 PM »

We have to be kind to the Monkey, because he owns the Jungle we play in.    Grin
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 09:19:18 PM by Baychimp » Logged
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2017, 09:47:49 PM »

Yeah -what he said!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: