April 26, 2024, 11:38:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Basingstoke Festival of Transport 2017  (Read 41709 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: January 15, 2017, 10:50:30 AM »

Sunday 14th May 2017.
War Memorial Park, Basingstoke, Hants, RG21 4AH.

Right, I've just received the entry form for this year's transport show here in Basingstoke, Hants.
The regulars here will know we have a little forum get-together there every year & pull together as many forum projects as we can for a pitch in the Club Stands field. We welcome anything interesting, including unfinished projects cos the public always seem to be interested in the "behind the scenes" side of builds.
As the name suggests, it's a mixed show of all sorts of transport, so lots of vintage cars, but also motorcycles, buses, lorries, military, the odd traction engine etc.  Thorneycroft lorries & Wallis & Stevens traction engines were Basingstoke's major employers for over 100 years, so they're always well represented.
The closing date for entries is the 1st of April. We've struggled to find enough vehicles for a decent display for the last couple of years, so I've got to ask again -do we want to do it again this year? (we've done about 10 years worth now), or is it time to give it a rest?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 11:17:13 AM »

Put that another way - what do YOU want to do?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 11:31:10 AM »

Smiley I'm happy either way Bobbi, but don't want to put on a half-hearted display. We've never got organised, despite always saying this year will be better, but the chaotic mix of people & machines probably sums us up best. If we do it again I'd like a decent number of vehicles -if we're down to just a handful it might be better to give it a rest?

JayJay

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 01:41:41 AM »

The visitors always seem to enjoy the Manky pitch, mainly I think because it is different and slightly disorganised. We are an easy lot to approach and are always up for a chat. Some clubs are so regimented and so busy polishing that I think visitors are put off approaching them.

Don't try to change us now!  Grin

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
merv

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 02:05:34 PM »

I must admit it is nice to have somewhere to gather, knowing you are going to meet friendly like minded people and see a few interesting vehicles   

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 07:52:11 PM »

I'm quite happy to do it again, but we really struggled for vehicles last year. If we're doing it, we need more of you to get involved please.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 11:08:55 AM »

Can I bring my campervan?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 11:16:53 AM »

Subject to my recovery,I'd love to bring up our projects ? But transport may also be a pain ?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Dslam

Wot ho chaps, its bloody Whitworth!!

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 05:40:56 PM »

Not sure of my schedule yet but if I am about I can bring 2 or 3 historic drag/sprint bikes. Don't do shows as a rule but happy to oblige if I can.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 06:16:17 PM »

Everybody's welcome, as always. It'd be great to see more of you & the more variety, the better.

spanners

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 09:06:05 PM »

andy,,  i think you already know that i,m up for it providing my life dosnt fall appart again  but i hope things are looking up now  appart from the fact my mother has been diagnosed with cancer on top of everything else   but i do intend to make it to basingstoke this year one way or another ,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 10:12:34 AM »

Be nice to see you mate.

oldmetalhead82

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 10:06:48 PM »

I would love to go Andy but i'm afraid it's too far for me to drive, i'm confident the Herald would be fine it's me that's the limiting factor.

A MANS GOT TO DO WHAT A MANS GOT TO DO,               AND I DID IT OVER THERE   ------>>>>>>>>
phunkie hiboy

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 08:37:46 PM »

We're up for this, as usual  Grin

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 09:09:29 PM »

Hiya Chris.  Wink
So- looks like we're doing it again then  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: