April 20, 2024, 01:34:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kawasaki vn 1500 leci problem.  (Read 4710 times)
dobber

« on: December 30, 2016, 07:11:55 PM »

moved the  cruiser yesterday to blow up the tyre as its allays had a slow at the rear, even though its had different tyres, guess its a fault in the alloy wheel,, is it ok to just put a tube in it?. 
, also the battery was down, put it on charge but its goosed,  i jumped it off the fork truck but it would only run while the starter button was pressed, started then soon as let go of button dash lights come on and engine cut out,  messed with the solenoid a bit, checked the fuse in it and it then would tick over for 5 to 10 seconds afore the lights flicked up and it stopped running  again, anyone know if some thing in the solenoid  could be sticking which ultimately  feeds the coils?.
52 plate, had it from new and never had any grief from it previously.

no rush fella, take all the time you need,
        can i have it in 20 Min's?
Stix

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 08:53:37 PM »

These Must have a good battery fitted to them and they do suffer if cables are not tight and clean,

Stix
dobber

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 09:37:28 PM »

still not got to the bottom of this.  have we no resident scientist.

Stix

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 12:28:39 PM »

Have you fitted a new battery? As I said before these Must have a good battery and tight clean connections to it or it will not run right.
As for fitting a tube in a tub less wheel I don't know, it might be ok but possibly better to have the wheel rim sealed and stick with the tubeless tyre.
Stix
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 12:46:38 PM »

By all means fit a tube,but check for obvious things that could tear the tube ? I'd also seal the inside with tape or rubberised solution to prevent problems ?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
dobber

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 06:03:52 PM »

think the fault with the tyre going down is a fissure in the rim or inner wheel somewhere, had several tyres and same problem, was  told to put plenty of chalk in the tyre when fitted.   took the wheel off today , a pain with out right lifting gear but i just put  straps round the crash bars and lifted it with the fork truck  , the tyres goosed where its been stood flat so will try get a tubed tyre tomorrow fitted with the tube that came from ebay today.
the rim stixs is still as shiny as new and slowly leaked on other tyres hence the fissure idea.. tried tyre weld stuff as well in past.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 06:17:31 PM by dobber » Logged

dobber

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 06:13:10 PM »

regarding the starting, i had it on jump leads from the forks as mentioned so you would think a good source of power but it was through the bike battery which could affect it if the bike battery is bad. it does show 12. something volt on the tester but according to tinterweb it could not have the amps. a fault with the solenoid may mean the ignition system is only powered when cranking but could be clutching at straws..
got a new spare car battery so will try it on that without the bike battery in line, at least eliminate one possibility, as stix says, and a few threads , good connections are imperative. 

dobber

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 07:57:56 PM »

took the wheel off, dropped it off for the new avon tyre, 150/80/16,  and did a bit of cleaning where its too hard when the panniers and wheel are on.. 99 quid plus 8 to fit it.
lot easier hung off the forks but tyre didnt get delivered so its left hanging overnight.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 08:03:25 PM by dobber » Logged

dobber

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 08:05:40 PM »

,any one use these free of charge, had them on the crash bars but wernt comfortable and awkward for cleaning.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 08:14:48 PM »

Coo, Sundance footpegs -haven't seen those for years!  Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 08:45:50 PM »

Got them on the engine bars of my trike - it was the only way I could ride it without my knees getting locked!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
minimutly

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 10:54:24 PM »

Got them on mine too..
dobber

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 10:51:58 PM »

got the new tyre fitted eventually, [with a flat tyre you cant push the big lump]  built it back up tonight, polished more bits that are hard to reach when its  all together., then to see why it stops running when i take finger of the starter button. instead of connecting the original battery which is showing 12.5 v on the tester even though been stood a week without charge i extended the leads and tried it on a car one. . started straight away and runs perfect.  does stop however if you disconnect the battery  which i thought it would run providing its own power from the alternator. obviously the bike battery isnt right but it  shows its holding power.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: