April 26, 2024, 01:09:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hot Rod Hayride 2017- Headcorn Kent - Fri 28 to Sun 30 July 2017  (Read 1794 times)
Tony oily bike

« on: November 17, 2016, 11:03:31 AM »

The 13th Hot Rod Hayride

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hotrod-Hayride/338188682931831

http://hotrodhayride.com/

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
JayJay

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 12:23:13 AM »

Anyone going to the Hot Rod Hayride's new location? Seems strange not going this year but I enjoyed our time at Bisley. I can't see how an airfield in Kent is going to have the same atmosphere as Bisley with all the 40's look chalets and buildings plus the pavilion building which was the hub of the whole place.

Let me know how it went please if you travelled to Kent.

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Dslam

Wot ho chaps, its bloody Whitworth!!

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 07:04:11 AM »

I was at Headcorn recently for a vintage bike event. It should fulfil the classic era feeling as a couple of Spitfires and some other historic aircraft live there together with an interesting WW2 aviation museum. Good café too.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 10:52:20 PM »

Spotted a bunch of trad' rods heading South on the M3 this afternoon, presumably on their way home from the Hayride.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
JayJay

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 11:12:51 PM »

Well I don't think they have had the best of the weather. I will have to look on some other sites and see what the feedback was like.

Mind you, most people are happy to get together with like minded folk and share a beer and some banter and of course admire the vehicles whatever the weather.

At the Hayride it has always astounded me how women could crawl out of a tiny tent looking absolutely fabulous with perfect 40/50s hair and makeup and high heels. They even managed it when it was raining. Absolutely amazing! Cool

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: