April 19, 2024, 01:28:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Triple Trouble Pickup Trike  (Read 19787 times)
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2016, 05:52:23 PM »

Haggis you'd get it.?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
the coppersmith

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2016, 08:14:11 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2016, 10:05:49 PM »

Never tried it. Maybe next year!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2016, 08:55:37 AM »

I suspect it's great after a long walk and your freezing cold,but it doesn't look appealing to me ?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
fifer

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2016, 04:56:31 PM »

Battered Haggis puddings are on the menu of nearly every Scottish Chip shop along with White and Red puddings  Grin Grin Grin.

Confucious ; He say that man who take woman up hill , him not on level
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2016, 07:11:04 PM »

You lot are just weird!  Tongue

Iceman

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2016, 08:28:17 PM »

You lot are just weird!  Tongue
.... and this is the bastion of common sense and all things normal ? Cheesy

Embrace your inner lunatic. Fun times guaranteed!
Olds

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2016, 09:14:38 PM »

Weird IS normal around here. Common sense gets left outside, otherwise nothing would get done. Smiley

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2016, 09:35:32 PM »

Guilty as charged.  Tongue

twisted

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2016, 11:40:22 AM »

haggis is great. love it. best battered haggis i had was from a chippy just down the road from the oban distillery  Grin Cheesy

a man with a fork in a world full of soup
Iceman

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2016, 12:10:22 PM »

My mother in law tried to buy a haggis in Sainsbury but was told they didn't have any at present because they were out of season.....

Anyway, brakes. I replaced all the brake parts and by luck, sorry, careful planning, the foot brake works fine now its all been bled and the brackets tarted up. The only thing I did out of the normal was to mount the shoes the other way round which meant the leading edge was facing the right way because the axle is running upside down. And yes, I did remember about the breather!
Handbrake next. I saved the cable stops off the axle when I cleaned it up and welded them to the new frame. I used an original Reliant handbrake lever and an original cable. I didn't want to use the original wheel system thing and split the cable.If something goes wrong with one side then at least I have the other side. I hope. I used stainless, compression, rigging end lugs. I reckoned if they were okay for Lloyds Register they should be okay with the MOT man.I was going to use the original wheel bracket but the cable was just long enough to be able to bolt through the bottom of the brake lever direct. Since the photos were taken I have covered the bare wire with Mig liner sleeve and the ends at the wheels with gear cable rubber bellows. I know what these shiny cables will look like after two days...

This was a big moment because it is really the last of the big mechanical jobs - the trike goes and stops. Yahoo! Body and electrics next.....oh, and perhaps an exhaust or two.

Olds

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2016, 01:45:21 PM »

Very neat and I love those cable ends.
  You don't appear to have incorporated an equalising bar to ensure that the force applied to each side is the same, irrespective of cable stretch or adjustment.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 03:56:07 PM by Olds » Logged

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
minimutly

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2016, 06:16:20 PM »

Olds is right, its sometimes called a compensator. Without it you might only have one working, and pit a lot of side load into that joiner thingy.
Iceman

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2016, 11:37:19 AM »

Gentlemen, you are, of course, correct. Oops..  I've Googled 'Handbrake Compensator ' and it seems simple enough. I have about 200mm of space between the the lever and the barrel adjusters so I should be able to work in a balance bar there that will please The Man. Two steps forward, one back.....
Cheers, Tom

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2016, 05:55:10 PM »

So, for the benefit of stoopid people, such as I, tell us more about these rigging fittings.
Like a braided brake hose, you just push the bare cable end into the end fitting, slide up the copper olive & screw the end cap on, & it grips the cable hard enough to withstand being hoiked on with a handbrake?
How much are these wondrous devices & are they available from any yacht chandlers?
I don't think I actually have a use for them at the moment, but could've used something like that many times in the past.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: