March 29, 2024, 05:39:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New rat rod  (Read 8119 times)
Shaun dodger collins

« on: September 11, 2016, 12:00:02 PM »

Iv been colecting parts for a while  now  and can safly say its geting closer to being started.
Seets mazda . Engine box  bmw e36 2.50 6 clinder.  Daimler  back axel bmw all ally rear subfame bmw front subframe . List is long . Will post picks later when  on laptop as cant seem to do it from phone. Cab is  orderd and awating colection.

Olds

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 03:25:19 PM »

Looking forward to this. What cab or are you going to keep it a secret ?

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Shaun dodger collins

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 07:14:40 PM »

just got to setup a photo file url  thing and i can post pics,  im looking at a small lorry cab , a friend of mine who has the skill in body work and chop roofs is going to help me its going up his farm as to big for back yard shed lol. Bedford you see them on old horse box trucks but i may have found a army cab sadly it will need to go on a massive diet so chopping the floor out and the back part were the seats go as well as the big bed like shelf then  a new floor will go in with  added braise  bars under floor then the width get shrunk to get it closer to a van like size  may stretch it to gain back seat space for my  dogs  then a roof chop with a flat screen in like the vw vans of old with safari  windows as he knows how to do this but must say i recon i can cope with that bit no probs  then the hole thing will have a roll cage  welded to the chasy and  the cab sides, roof , this is the plan but it could change as may find a different cab from something. engine is going to be mounted at back  for looks and access and a  fake fifth wheel  with a trick going on with in its guts. lorry air horns  will be on roof and fully working with 120 psi blowing in them , Mazda bucket typ seets  poss jag front and back  drive train or bmw depends on difs need to work out what i need  for good economy. removable stearing wheel already have this  box section chasy with a  zig zag  gurder look ie  two box sections  one top rail one botom rail with zig zag iner frame  holding it together just think it will look beter than a bit of 5 inch x 3 inch box  and stronger but been told its not to have gaps over a size that i have forgoten  about need to  lode iva book to check this stuff. big plans and have no clur=e if i can do it but i shell give it my very best shot as this has beeen in the planing for two years, just need axells and front drive unit then i can start, waiting for a jag to come in the yard i go to......     

MIXA

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 08:20:58 PM »

Any updates on this Steve

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 10:02:22 PM »

3D jigsaw puzzle!   Smiley

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Shaun dodger collins

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 11:27:57 AM »

Change of plan got a mogy minor  to chop up as i can  show pics here vier my phone iv done short vid its on  the link at botom.   Question , this chasy . Was going to do a tube frame but for speed im thinkinf box section  what advise can pople  give on  thinkness and size. Thanks ..

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 05:30:03 PM »

I'd suggest a chat to Kev on here before you start ? Wink

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
MIXA

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 09:45:44 PM »

the links not working

Shaun dodger collins

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 09:58:32 PM »

Try this

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 10:31:14 PM »

Cheesy

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Shaun dodger collins

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 11:35:58 PM »

See that on east coast retros today and not a chance will i build that im sure the owner loves it but its not for me...im after a vagas style rod . Welder up brand  i love what they do the best one  i feel was the mining rod with all its welds and rivets.

JayJay

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 12:48:57 AM »

Goodness gracious. One sleeping policeman and those halves are going separate ways!  Undecided

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Olds

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2016, 07:34:40 AM »

Think the old standard for a box section rod chassis used to be 4" x 2" x 14swg up to 10swg depending on weight and horsepower etc.
Think this build is going to need IVA. Something that Vegas Rat Rods (and other TV shows) never have to worry about.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2016, 09:13:57 AM »

Think the old standard for a box section rod chassis used to be 4" x 2" x 14swg up to 10swg depending on weight and horsepower etc.
Think this build is going to need IVA. Something that Vegas Rat Rods (and other TV shows) never have to worry about.
Exactly..like I said a quick message to kev will put you right ?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2016, 02:12:47 PM »

Mine's 3" x 2" I think & about 1/8" wall thickness, (75mm x 50mm x 3mm).

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: