May 01, 2024, 04:41:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheap reliable car  (Read 25235 times)
spanners

« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2016, 11:24:43 PM »

OK,, andy i will admit ive sorted this on a fiat before  but its not for general knolwedge and its so complex it takes days to remove the whole system but its days of a job with a ,multi meter,, taking each bit out of the complete loom,, on cheap,,, garage rates,, it would still out vale any car,, including, a new one,,

but you would end up   with  a useable  ,, basic,, car

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Dslam

Wot ho chaps, its bloody Whitworth!!

« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2016, 07:23:12 AM »

Checked with Maggie and they don't have the card.
Really sorry about this. I feel guilty as hell. As I mentioned in a previous post, the car had been perfectly reliable. Seems to be a problem for a few looking at the Fiat forum and lots of potential remedies.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2016, 03:18:31 PM »

I had a FIAT once - it was a wonderful car till anything went wrong cos getting the right part from the Fiat dealers was worse than doping jigsaw puzzles.  That was a long time ago but........

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2016, 04:17:33 PM »

I think it's illegal to dope jigsaws these days Bobbi.
Not your fault at all Andy, just one of those things. I'm going to go to a dealership, (probably Ford cos my Firsta was a great little car), & look for something 2 or 3 years old. Remember that guilty feeling when I bring my bike over to have the carbs tuned though! Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Dslam

Wot ho chaps, its bloody Whitworth!!

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2016, 07:08:28 PM »

Guilty yes, but not that guilty Roll Eyes
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2016, 07:45:25 PM »

Grin

Olds

« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2016, 06:36:50 AM »

When we bought an old Fiat the manual said it should come with an emergency start code number card, but it didn't. Main dealer said that in the UK, for some years, they were not actually issued to owners due to insurance companies having issues with this. They wanted proof of ownership, the vin number and a fee to provide the code. We didn't bother as the car was ok at the time.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
spanners

« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2016, 11:01:41 PM »

any news on this yet ??

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2016, 11:16:29 PM »

Just about to arrange scrapping it Mike.
It's a nice clean, low mileage car & runs very well when it's going, but now won't start at all so is just sat in the road outside the house, annoying the neighbours. Even if it fired up & ran perfectly right now, I don't trust it any more. It's really not worth spending more money on trying to sort it out.
I do a lot of miles & just want a no hassle car I can jump in & drive without worrying about, so I've just booked a test drive at a local dealership in a '14 reg Ford KA with 6,000 miles on the clock. Don't need a big car cos it's just me in it most of the time, so a good condition small hatchback will do me.
So the Punto's going. Free to anyone who wants to collect it, (Basingstoke, Hampshire).

spanners

« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2016, 11:21:12 PM »

bung it in the for sale section ,,you never know it may make a few ££££,s

if you or anybody you know uses face book in youre area you can sell it on there  anything in any condition sells

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2016, 06:25:48 PM »

New car sorted. I'm now a Ka driver. Picked it up from the dealership this afternoon.
Still got the damn Punto. It's still sat in the road outside the house, fully insured, taxed & MOt'd but going nowhere. The local fire brigade have a website where you can donate old cars for them to practice on. They tell you to leave your contact details & they'll get back to you. I did, a week ago, but heard nothing yet. Can't give the thing away.  Sad

Olds

« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2016, 07:30:16 PM »

Our local Fire Brigade don't have their station at the moment, as it's being rebuilt. I doubt that they have anywhere to put the Punto.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
hunter

« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2016, 07:35:48 PM »

Why not advertise it here.
http://www.750formula.co.uk/forum/index.php?sid=2ca12a8068ef578288e063375221aef3

I
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2016, 07:52:20 PM »

My daughter had a Fiat 127 - we bought it for her when she was still at school, in the 6th form.  Someone said to her one day "Crap car Rose" - so she said "Oh yeah - where's yours then?"    No answer to that.

She drove that old thing for years and when it finally - and totally! - failed its MOT, she took it to the local scrapyard.......  and they wouldn't take it!   Luckily she was contacted by a Fiat enthusiast, who gave it a home and put a complete new floor in it, cos the old one had rotted everywhere!   What would she have done with it otherwise?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2016, 08:01:18 PM »

Smiley
This is the page I found -covers Surrey & Hampshire. I saw their advert outside the station in Camberley, Surrey a few weeks ago.

http://www.carsfortraining.co.uk/donate_cars_for_training.html

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: