April 25, 2024, 07:21:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Baychimp's Reliant trike  (Read 11936 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2016, 05:40:55 PM »

Is it finished yet Bob? -now I can get my own back for all the mornings at work he's nagged me about finishing my Pop.  Grin

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
merv

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2016, 07:22:05 AM »

if you want pictures of a snot covered baychimp kissing mr manky i think you better have them pm'd to you for your own delectation merv.  Cheesy

I see how you got to that conclusion looking back at it, i asked for pictures in all innocence, you are, Mr Twisted a rascal  Smiley

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
Baychimp

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2016, 10:42:03 PM »

Merv, I'll put some more pictures up for you soon. But at the moment I'm just making up a couple of covers for the starter motor and the alternator.
But I'm doing this in the garden in the Sunshine on a Workmate. At the same time I'm cooking a Bar-B-Q, so not much to look at really.
Baychimp

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2016, 09:00:07 PM »

Thanks Dave. I will definitely need some input from you, as you managed to get your Trike through the test first time, that was a real achievement.
Olds

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2016, 09:09:22 PM »

I'm sure we can do the same with yours Bob.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
mrhutch

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2016, 10:25:09 PM »

oi
I want to tap Olds up as well...

I should have mentioned that the deliverance thread has also confirmed my decision..  it is a long and lovely read chap.  I thank you for that.
terry t

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2020, 08:00:58 AM »

Just had a look for a thread on Bob's trike, but can't find one, so let's start a new one.
A quick catch-up for those that haven't seen it before:

I've either built, or had a hand in building, about a dozen trikes over the years, mainly little single seater Reliants. After building Flap's orange "Flapster", I stripped my current green one down & sold the rolling chassis to Ska Man, who painted it blue, bunged in another engine, forks & wheels & christened it "Blue Job". I then built a new frame around the old engine, axle, forks & wheels.
And then life kinda got in the way.
Nearly 8 years later I'd changed girlfriends several times & moved house -& the trike still wasn't finished. When I split up with Tanya, (Tazet), who I was building yet another trike for, I decided to sell mine. Enter Bob, a fellow Postie at the Basingstoke Royal Mail depot. He bought it, put it in his garage -& it's still there. That was 2 1/2 years ago. So this has been sitting around for over 10 years. Time it was finished I think. Bob retired a couple of weeks ago, so now he's got no excuse not to get it done -have you Bob!  Grin
Is it nearly finished yet Bob

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2020, 05:39:55 PM »

I saw Bob a couple of weeks ago when he turned up at my garage, (we live about 2 miles apart). I was busy painting parts of my Pop at the time, so not really in chatting mode. Ought to go & see him & ask if he's made any progress. I suspect not, but I'm not in a position to criticise -my own project's moving at a similarly glacial pace!

Olds

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2020, 10:13:05 AM »

I'd forgotten about that one !
Must be nearly finished, just like the Pop.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2020, 10:15:14 AM »

Ha, ha, ha! -yeah Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: