April 28, 2024, 10:28:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  
Author Topic: EU - in or out. Looking for useful facts and figures  (Read 48861 times)
digger06

« Reply #180 on: June 24, 2016, 10:47:47 AM »

And the next leader might not implement it so we would then be where?Huh?
I for one have a lot to lose by the out vote as we have just moved here to Spain and bought a house, what happens when we get told we can't stay here permanently?? do I end up on a list for a council flat with no garage back in the UK and an expensive holiday home? won't be able to sell as there will be no one that wants to buy it for anything close to what we have paid.

Stix

the Vienna treaty kicks in on that, so I think not much will happen to anyone that already is abroad., spain Bulgaria etc has a lot of cash coming in via tourism and migration, I doubt they would be anything but friendly....Bulgaria has already stated they will welcome the English, eu or not, and that little will change
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 10:50:25 AM by digger06 » Logged
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #181 on: June 24, 2016, 12:11:26 PM »

There were English ex-pats living in Spain long before Spain joined the Eu so I don't expect it will change - after all, they want your money! (prolly want it even more when the EU isn't getting ours to dole out!)

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
spanners

« Reply #182 on: June 24, 2016, 01:28:12 PM »

SO WHERE DO WE STAND NOW ,, AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT,,

i,v tried to ignore it all upto now  we all had our own reasons for how we each voted  , but should we now brace our selves for what comes next

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
the coppersmith

« Reply #183 on: June 24, 2016, 02:32:23 PM »

Oh yes, brace yourself and pray  Grin You'll soon be working for the GREAT Britain we love.
the coppersmith

« Reply #184 on: June 25, 2016, 12:01:37 PM »

well, that didn't take long: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #185 on: June 25, 2016, 12:40:15 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36619342 Check this item out, it's a possible clue as to why the result was so, Morrag
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 12:43:00 PM by morrag » Logged

Beware the Ides of March, But!
digger06

« Reply #186 on: June 25, 2016, 02:19:36 PM »

yes it appears(around here) the young uns wanted in to keep easy cheap travel, (which might actually get cheaper for us if the eu dies)  I have learned from the younger ones round here most of the reasons they vote in, and they mostly seemed very short sighted, (imo)easy travel, and falsly thinking every state would look after them if they were jobless after moving to the eu mainland.really?
 the worlds a much bigger place than the eu, travel and jobs elsewhere are probably as good if not better tbh,  half the eu isn't really on the job scene, anything skilled in the eastern European block isn't worth it, unless you wanna be a low paid travel rep for 6 months....

which ever way we voted we were gonna take a hit, in with fuel taxes, extra payment,and the euro,
out with all the vindictive sh*t we are gonna have to deal with from the scorned eu and the in crowd,

to me if you voted, your opinion is respected , whether I disagree with your views or not, some of this screaming and crying going on atm from the remainers is a bit sad really, that petition is signed by 1 million people out of 60 mill, and technically wrong, some need to take a breath, and ride the bike/trike/girlfriend/boyfriend more
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 02:25:41 PM by digger06 » Logged
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #187 on: June 25, 2016, 03:22:21 PM »

" your opinion is respected" have you read your own rhetoric, you're having a larf! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Beware the Ides of March, But!
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #188 on: June 25, 2016, 05:11:10 PM »

Play nicely children!

Better still, why don't we go back to talking about engines and cars and trikes and stuff?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
spanners

« Reply #189 on: June 25, 2016, 06:03:12 PM »

Play nicely children!

Better still, why don't we go back to talking about engines and cars and trikes and stuff?

NOW THERES AN IDEA ,,, Cheesy Cheesy

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Stix

« Reply #190 on: June 25, 2016, 07:55:24 PM »

Might be an idea to lock this thread and let it fade away.

Stix
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #191 on: June 25, 2016, 07:57:09 PM »

I was thinking just that.
A couple more days if you behave yourselves, or now if you don't.  Wink

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
JayJay

« Reply #192 on: June 25, 2016, 10:48:43 PM »

I hadn't commented before because I was asleep most of Friday after being up for practically two days. I went to bed just after Cameron resigned. I understand he would not be the best person to deal with the EU but surely it needn't be the PM to do that. Oh well he's made his mind up. His wife looked sad but she was probably thinking about the new curtains she had just bought for number 10's living room!  Grin

I voted at 7am and then spent the following 11 hours sitting near the polling station with my LEAVE poster. Got lots of thumbs up and car toots from happy drivers. It was a really friendly day with loads of people really happy to have their chance to vote on the EU. Many of them came over to talk with me. Only one person I spoke to voted remain and she only voted that way because her middle aged son asked her to. Some elderly I think voted remain but I think that was because they were staunch Tories and Cameron is their leader. I would say the votes for out were from a very mixed bunch, across all ages. Many 30ish couples were voting with their children either before school or after school. They wanted their children to feel part of the process and understand why they were voting as they were.  Cool

My funniest moment was when two young women pulled up by me and asked where the polling station was. I replied "Well if you are voting to leave it is over there [as I pointed to the polling station] but if you are voting to remain ..."
They looked at me for a few secs but when I laughed they realised I was winding them up. They went in and voted and as they came out they tooted and they were smiling and waving so they didn't hold it against me!  Smiley

It was great watching LEAVE prove the betting shops and pollsters wrong. I thought the ratio would be greater 60/40 to LEAVE but I do wonder if that last week and a bit, especially with the murder of Jo Cox and the way it was politicised by the remain side, saw some people stick with what they knew.

Now there's a petition asking for another referendum as the first one wasn't fair. Hmm I don't think they would be saying that if IN had won and I would say LEAVE was fighting the harder battle with all the scaremongering, the biased media and the £9million less they had to spend on their campaign.  Cry Roll Eyes

Oh well, it's over. Now for the real work of sorting out the 'divorce'.
JJ  Smiley

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
JayJay

« Reply #193 on: June 25, 2016, 11:08:28 PM »

" your opinion is respected" have you read your own rhetoric, you're having a larf! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I think that is unfair Morrag. You could level that at me but I can't see anything that Digger has said that deserved that.

Anyway, like I said it is over.

Now is the time to unite as the fluffy mankies we usually are and I think Stix and Andy's suggestion is a good one.

By the way Stix, what Digger said about the Vienna Treaty is true but if you receive any sort of money from here you will take a hit until the currencies settle to what they were.

JJ  Smiley

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
digger06

« Reply #194 on: June 26, 2016, 06:04:38 AM »

it was prob about Geldof? as I said my views on him are mainly non political..
but,,,,,that's your opinion, and I respect that Grin Grin Grin
back to the vehicles now,  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 06:08:39 AM by digger06 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  

Jump to: