March 28, 2024, 05:50:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Blown Triumph sprint bike built by dslam - from scratch  (Read 26240 times)
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2017, 01:06:01 PM »

Bloody horrible thing ?  Wink should be in a window down New Bond Street..work of ART..

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
the coppersmith

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2017, 02:12:11 PM »

Oh, I like that ! Will seek you out at Brighton and maybe I can have a pokey oily finger thing  Cheesy
Dslam

Wot ho chaps, its bloody Whitworth!!

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2017, 08:41:33 PM »

Cheers Tony. Didn't expect you to do all this, I simply don't have the patience to load all that stuff on, I'd rather be in the shed.
This bike has been a while in the making. Mostly due to my soft nature helping others out which took about 9 months out of the schedule.
It will be out on track this year to shake it (and me) down and get the setup right. Then its time to up the anti and pin the throttle.
I will attempt to keep you all posted as to the progress.
New fork brace made and fitted. Last item is the chain guard then its ready to go.
Assuming I can get it quiet enough it will be at Brighton so if you're about come and say hello and feel free to poke the oily finger. Ooo Matron!!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 08:43:56 PM by Dslam » Logged
Dslam

Wot ho chaps, its bloody Whitworth!!

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2019, 05:52:41 PM »

Well. A bit of time has passed. A number of shakedown runs and some head scratching, a few carb mods like jetting and weight on the SU piston as the blower has a tendency of sucking the carb piston straight up making the throttle somewhat uncontrollable. A bit of all or nothing.
I ran the bike at Weston Zoyland and at Mallory and some good headway has been made. When it 'gathers its skirts' it a proper rocket ship and handles well. I left an 80foot darkie at Mallory which bodes well (no vulgar remarks please!). Some more carb mods before Brighton and we shall see how we go.
Softly softly catchee manky Grin
It sounds amazing and has the ability to scare. Bring it on.
Thinking of a name change to 'Parabellum' Latin for prepare for war and common usage for a 9mm bullet. Mildly accurate I think.
I'll put some pictures up after Brighton if all goes to plan.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2019, 06:43:13 PM »

Love the name Smiley
You should meet my brother, the slingshot dragster pilot. You'd get on well with him!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Tony oily bike

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2019, 06:20:16 AM »

Well. A bit of time has passed. A number of shakedown runs and some head scratching, a few carb mods like jetting and weight on the SU piston as the blower has a tendency of sucking the carb piston straight up making the throttle somewhat uncontrollable. A bit of all or nothing.
I ran the bike at Weston Zoyland and at Mallory and some good headway has been made. When it 'gathers its skirts' it a proper rocket ship and handles well. I left an 80foot darkie at Mallory which bodes well (no vulgar remarks please!). Some more carb mods before Brighton and we shall see how we go.
Softly softly catchee manky Grin
It sounds amazing and has the ability to scare. Bring it on.
Thinking of a name change to 'Parabellum' Latin for prepare for war and common usage for a 9mm bullet. Mildly accurate I think.
I'll put some pictures up after Brighton if all goes to plan.

Brighton Speed Trials - Saturday 7th September 2019

http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=16973.0

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Tony oily bike

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2019, 09:27:05 AM »

Brighton Speed Trials 2019 – Having just helped Mr Slam / Andy start the bike on my rollers, he’s ready to proceed towards the start line. The large silencer is a requirement to meet the Brighton noise limits (other events are un-silenced).
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 11:55:07 AM by Tony oily bike » Logged

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

Tony oily bike

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2019, 09:27:47 AM »

Brighton Speed Trials 2019 – Heading towards the start line.

Tony oily bike

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2019, 09:28:19 AM »

Brighton Speed Trials 2019 – Chocked, ready for the off along the famous Madeira Drive. This year, the start line duties for the bikes were performed by members of the VMCC Sprint Section (Paul & Steve in this case).

Tony oily bike

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2019, 09:28:59 AM »

Late October - Post Brighton and the engine has been stripped down and inspected by Mr Slam, a must-do when running a supercharged engine for a season on methanol.
With the engine re-build having just been completed, and the home-made frame (following inspection) freshly powder coated in a new purple with a hint of flake, its assembly time and the bike is wheeled into the sunlight, resplendent in its new colour and “Parabellum” stickers on the fuel tanks.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 11:54:30 AM by Tony oily bike » Logged

Tony oily bike

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2019, 09:29:32 AM »

The new purple looking rather cool in the late October sun

Tony oily bike

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2019, 09:33:45 AM »

New "Parabellum" tank badges.

the coppersmith

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2019, 11:43:08 AM »

simply put: very impressive. A tad envious too  Wink
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2019, 10:23:41 PM »

Mmmmmm purple!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2019, 07:49:18 PM »

I may have mentioned it before Cool, but it would grace any ones Drawing room! on possibly a rotating plinth, when it's working life is done, of course!! Grin..Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: