April 29, 2024, 04:16:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: The perfect storm  (Read 11373 times)
JayJay

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2016, 12:07:19 AM »

Lovely. Looks so inviting. Smiley

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
the coppersmith

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2016, 10:04:45 AM »

Big storm forecast this weekend for us, boards packed in camper I'm ready to go. IF, I can find a campsite place, everywhere seems jam packed. Or else it means long (early) day trips. Something like this would be good. Natures perfection.
Mendalot

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2016, 12:03:28 PM »

See Steve, I told you there was an upside to this retirement lark!!   You can bugger off to the surf when the mood takes.   I'm just about to enter a storm of my own and its far from perfect, the greedy landlords of my workshop want to put the rent up by 38% Shocked

Precision Guesswork ......... What else do you need?
the coppersmith

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2016, 01:33:12 PM »

Thanks Paul, that's my street cred blown  Grin  good luck with the landlord, shall I send the boy's around ?
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2016, 06:55:33 PM »

See Steve, I told you there was an upside to this retirement lark!!   You can bugger off to the surf when the mood takes.   I'm just about to enter a storm of my own and its far from perfect, the greedy landlords of my workshop want to put the rent up by 38% Shocked
Only 38% ? Angry

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
JayJay

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2016, 03:33:33 PM »

I've had the same problem with my home rent. 20%, so not as bad but when I'm already paying a lot anyway, it really pushes it up. I love where I live and have been here since May 2009 and would hate to leave so I have cut back wherever possible to find the money. 

There is a petition on change.org at the moment to curb private rents and the money you have to pay out to even be considered as a tenant.

In the news today, private landlords received £9.3bn in housing benefit in 2015. That is major. No wonder so many people have opted for mortgages to let.

Beautiful beach shot again Coppersmith. The sea looks like it's been set in those waves. Very tranquil.

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: