April 29, 2024, 09:07:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The perfect storm  (Read 11370 times)
the coppersmith

« on: December 31, 2015, 12:52:02 PM »

While some are suffering, my son and his mate are having a great time, Newlyn Harbour wall, only for the brave  Shocked
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 03:40:43 PM »

I'd be inclined to say more stupid than brave - great photo though!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
JayJay

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 10:45:57 PM »

I love photos of the sea.  Is that the harbour wall? Whatever the structure is, it's a bit close to the surfer's noggin.

I'd like to see some photos of the four legged kind soon.  Wink

JJ  Smiley

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Archie

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 09:12:18 AM »

Massive swell! Looks 20footish?
the coppersmith

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 09:51:04 AM »

It only lasted about 2 hours, Ive only seen it work like that a couple of times in my lifetime.
Baychimp

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 02:27:28 AM »

I didn't know that Newlyn went off like that. I have been out at Porthleven in waves that big very knarly and dangerous. It must be one of those breaks that only work in the right conditions. A bit like the Cribba once in a blue moon.
the coppersmith

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 08:35:38 AM »

Certain breaks are very rare and some still kept secret. Only going off very rarely helps to maintain the secrecy and the crowds away. The Cribber has been firing all weekend at different levels, shame that so many paddle out and just sit there, just to say I was there. We hit it early yesterday then moved on to a quiet spot:
Baychimp

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 11:32:56 PM »

My trouble is that I haven't got the puff anymore to paddle out to it. I was thinking about getting a jetski and letting one of my lads tow me out. Cheesy
JayJay

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 10:24:00 PM »

Another great pic. Do you mean you were surfing at one point or just there to photograph?
JJ  Smiley

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
the coppersmith

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 09:25:58 AM »

Oh yes, I get out there, but do not manage the 4 hour sessions any longer, take a few waves then escape to the coffee flask  Cheesy
the coppersmith

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 10:08:23 AM »

Never realised we had so many water babies on this site, final picture, my son on an early morning, head clearing session before we went to work, taken at Bigbury Bay Devon.
Bus Boy

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 01:28:20 PM »

Went to Porthlevan in August while on hols. Turned out to be quite a choppy day & the locals came out to play.....
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff441/TLSADE/DSCF1683.jpg
The perfect storm
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff441/TLSADE/DSCF1698.jpg
The perfect storm

I never wanted to be normal anyways!
Tony oily bike

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 05:25:21 PM »

Never realised we had so many water babies on this site, final picture, my son on an early morning, head clearing session before we went to work, taken at Bigbury Bay Devon.

Cracking good photo at Bigbury Bay coppersmith!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 05:41:26 PM by Tony oily bike » Logged

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
JayJay

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 05:32:44 PM »

Oh yes, I get out there, but do not manage the 4 hour sessions any longer, take a few waves then escape to the coffee flask  Cheesy

Very impressed. I love the sea. I did swim in Portugal (took my crutches in with me!) but I do worry what's nearby. There were massive jellyfish about at the time. The sea (Atlantic Ocean) was very clear but I always worry that something might turn up that could eat me. I did think that was a shark in your other pic until I put the right glasses on and could see it was a surfer!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2016, 06:21:00 PM »

You wouldn't fancy this screening of Jaws then Jay Jay?!
I love looking at the sea from the land, but not so keen on being in it, unless it's on a very big boat.
I visited my sister in Canada a couple of years ago & we stayed in a house on the beach overlooking the Atlantic ocean. The Titanic went down 700 miles from there & the survivors & bodies were taken to nearby Halifax as it was the nearest sea port. Felt weird to stand on the beach & think it was out there somewhere beneath the waves.
Think I'll stay on dry land.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: