April 29, 2024, 06:16:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Ally Pally  (Read 7484 times)
lunatic

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2006, 01:30:40 PM »

Last time I was at Ally pally was for extreme wheels. The place hasnt been changed for any one! I used to go to a bicycle show there until they moved it to the Nec. They had a ramp from the balcony down to the bottom floor! A frind of mine went to see the White Stripes there too. They played in the centre of the hall and the crowd were all around the edges. Tis indeed a cool place!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 06:26:19 PM »

Psst, Loony, the idea of being a secret smiter is not to tell anyone it's you. Adding it to your signature's a bit of a giveaway mate.  Wink

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2006, 09:07:36 PM »

Huh Huh I heard the ally pally had been sold, and there would be another show there. Someone lied to me Angry

Matt black is the best, f**k the rest!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2006, 11:32:53 PM »

I'm still confused -is the show at Ally Pally the same one that's always been there or is it a completely new one?

Terrortubby

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2006, 11:19:52 AM »

I will never go to the ally pally show.

Despite repeated requests from the NABD over a number of years the organisers will not give the only biker charity in the country any stall space without them having to pay a ludicrous ammount of money for it.

The NABD would rather spend money on adaptations for bikers and trikers with disabilities than line the pockets of people with more money than they could ever use anyway.

The only reason that the association had a stall at the NEC this year was because it was sponsored by Carole Nash one of the associations biggest supporters.

It bites that people try to cream charities like this and the organisers need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Later

Gary

Chaos, Panic. Disorder.my work here is done!

http://grumpygaz.blogspot.co.uk/
wizzkitt

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2007, 12:34:24 PM »

I'm still confused -is the show at Ally Pally the same one that's always been there or is it a completely new one?

It's the same one, run by IPC Media (which owns Superbike). The MCN London Motorcycle Show is run by EMAP and is at ExCel a week later. Be interesting to see which show is affected the most, as a number of traders won't be able to attend both, with them being on consecutive weekends.

It's difficult to judge which will be the best for value. Ally Pally is £12 on the door, ExCel is £16. Parking is free at Ally Pally, but hellish expensive at ExCel (£12 if you intend to spend the day there), and ExCel is a soulless venue but a lot larger than Alexandra Palace which I hate because it gets crowded. At the end of the day, both are just small versions of th NEC Show.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2007, 10:34:54 PM »

That's why I like Ally Pally. I've done the NEC a few times in recent years & find I end up trudging round & round, looking at dozens of near identical stalls selling near identical stuff, just at wildly varying prices. Being permanently skint, I really object to paying for my ticket then having to pay just to park the car so I can spend money in their show. The NEC halls are boringly corporate & it's a couple of hours away plus an inevitable queue to get off the motorway & into the carpark, whereas Ally's a quick blat up the M3 from here, with a stop at the Ace Cafe for breakfast. The Ally show has less stalls but they sell more varied products. It's compact enough that you don't feel completely battle weary by the end of the day -& I like the venue.
So why is it only on for 2 days this year? It's normally a week & a half.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 08:12:27 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

wizzkitt

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2007, 10:36:27 PM »

Probably because of the ExCel show. I suspect there can be only one survivor.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2007, 10:49:41 PM »

Yeah, a shame but that's business I guess.
I still fondly remember the Ally Pally custom car shows of the late 70s.

wizzkitt

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2007, 10:53:10 PM »

Yeah, a shame but that's business I guess.
I still fondly remember the Ally Pally custom car shows of the late 70s.

One of my earliest memories is of throwing up in a corner at Ally Pally during the custom car show.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2007, 12:17:05 AM »

Ahh, happy days! Metalflake & angel fur all get too much for you did it?

wizzkitt

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2007, 11:49:49 AM »

No, the mustard in a ham sandwich.  Cheesy

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2007, 12:35:50 PM »

Ooh, I haven't had mustard for ages. I must purchase some immediately.

triker-tazet
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2007, 12:50:47 PM »

mustard yuck now branston pickle is the way forward  Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2007, 01:09:13 PM »

One of the few things my sister's missing since emigrating to Canada apparently. I've always got a jar in the fridge. Pate', spread thick on wholemeal toast, with a generous layer of Branston. Lurverly.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: