April 28, 2024, 10:01:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Adaptor plate  (Read 7751 times)
melosman

« on: October 03, 2015, 09:46:50 PM »

Does anyone know where I can have an adaptor plate made? Want to put a V8 in my truck as I hate diesels cos they are noisey, slow and smelly so will need an adaptor plate to fit the engine to the gearbox, or better still can anyone on here make one for me? I'm in Barnsley if it makes a difference.

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 05:08:54 AM »

The diesel in our car is none of the above ? But it's quite easy to make your own ? Practice with some MDF/plywood first if your not sure ?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
spanners

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 06:03:00 AM »

iveco, truck Huh

best to just swap engine and box  for a yank lump   if you really need a ,gas guzzler,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Olds

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 06:14:42 AM »

You don't say what engine and gearbox combo you are looking for. There is a chance that someone already makes either a gearbox to bellhousing or an engine to bellhousing adaptor.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
minimutly

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 09:52:18 AM »

Stick a turbo in it, much less work. Itll still be noisy and smelly, but with 12psi of boost it'll transform it.
spanners

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 10:41:21 AM »

Stick a turbo in it, much less work. Itll still be noisy and smelly, but with 12psi of boost it'll transform it.

from what i think he has its an iveco turbo daily recovery truck

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Archie

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 01:02:13 PM »

Tsr conversions
melosman

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 07:05:09 PM »

from what i think he has its an iveco turbo daily recovery truck

Yep, I do.

melosman

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 07:08:01 PM »

You don't say what engine and gearbox combo you are looking for. There is a chance that someone already makes either a gearbox to bellhousing or an engine to bellhousing adaptor.

Wanting to put a Rover V8 in with LPG

melosman

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 07:08:51 PM »

The diesel in our car is none of the above ? But it's quite easy to make your own ? Practice with some MDF/plywood first if your not sure ?

Tried it, rather have a pro do it for me.

melosman

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2015, 07:11:03 PM »

iveco, truck Huh

best to just swap engine and box  for a yank lump   if you really need a ,gas guzzler,,

Too expensive, don't want a gas guzzler wanting a rover V8 on LPG as I know quite a bit about them and done conversions on them before. MPG on Iveco is pretty dismal at least on LPG it will be a bit cheaper to run.

melosman

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2015, 07:12:58 PM »

Tsr conversions
They only deal with VAG now.

lunatic

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 05:47:42 PM »

Always have done as far as I know. Kennedy do loads of adaptor plates. Why not just swap in an engine and box, then just make up mounts and modify the prop, might be easier than an adaptor plate and messing with clutches, input shafts, throw out bearings etc?
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 06:51:43 PM »

Always have done as far as I know. Kennedy do loads of adaptor plates. Why not just swap in an engine and box, then just make up mounts and modify the prop, might be easier than an adaptor plate and messing with clutches, input shafts, throw out bearings etc?
sound good to me?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
melosman

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 07:40:46 PM »

10mm adaptor plate will be easier for me, can't afford to do the rest, just wanting an adaptor and spacer making up.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: