March 28, 2024, 03:42:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gertie up date  (Read 2901 times)
terry t

« on: March 17, 2019, 09:59:44 PM »

As you may know I pick up Gertie from BG last week. I can totally under stand how Bobbi feels about parting with her Trike.
I am not sure what's going to happen with it yet but I have removed the axle and swing arm to try and see what the problem is.
So far it looks like There is a fair bit of backlash on the prop to the diff. The planet wheels  are worn and the pinion wheel bearing is wining. There is also some wear on the drive shaft splines. going to check with a mate to see if he has a spare diff if not look at rebuilding this one
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 11:59:21 PM »

Good to know it's gone to a good home Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 12:01:16 PM »

Good to know it's gone to a good home Smiley

Just so you know, I've told Terry to do whatever with it - fix it, flog it, or use it for parts if the first option isn't viable.  Just didn't want it sitting in my garage any more making me keep wondering if I could ride again - now I can move on.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 08:42:07 AM »

Totally agree Bobbi.
Once you set it free, it's no longer your baby & you can't dictate what the new owner does with it, but it does give you "closure" -horrible American phrase, but you know what I mean. You're free to move on.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
terry t

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 03:36:11 PM »

Well Over the last week or so I removed the axle and stripped it down. I could not find any thing wrong with it apart from some back lash from the pinion and planet wheels.

So cleaned it all up and put it back together. looking at the drive shaft coupling that fits on the axle and slots into the shaft I did notice a lot of play and ware so I am looking at getting another one made. while its all apart I will give it a rub down and a coat of paint.   
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 06:03:47 PM »

Terry you'll be glad to know I found the seat bracket today and will get it in the post tomorrow! 

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
terry t

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 08:14:03 PM »

Terry you'll be glad to know I found the seat bracket today and will get it in the post tomorrow! 
Thanks Bobbi let me know what the postage is and I will sent it over.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: