March 29, 2024, 12:28:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 52 D1s  (Read 1834 times)
Olds

« on: April 03, 2019, 06:19:33 PM »

Had to promise the missus that I would do something with the Bantam. Only had it as a future project since 1973, with three house moves and another coming up, it's do something or sell it.
While if fully restored it would be worth silly money, (well seems silly to me) I think I would rather keep the well used, greasy, slightly rusty, somewhat tatty look but get it totally mint mechanically.
 Surprisingly the tyres still hold air (so far) and after flooding the carb with petroil it fired up.
Won't be starting this project in ernest for a little while as other things have to take priority.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 12:22:05 AM »

What a lovely little bike Dave.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Olds

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 06:37:16 AM »

Thanks.
Been collecting bit's for it for a while but any new parts that show will be suitably aged.
According to the frame number, it's supposed to be from a GPO contract but it was never painted red.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: