April 27, 2024, 06:32:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bubble visor  (Read 3804 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: November 19, 2014, 07:34:52 PM »

Bought myself a new visor for my open face helmet this week.
I've been looking at these for a while & although they're very trendy at the moment, I couldn't decide whether they're really retro n cool, or just slightly odd.
I've tried peaks on open face helmets & can't get on with them -the wind gets under them & tries to shove your head upwards. Don't like the traditional Stadium split glass type goggles cos they always slide down my nose & make me look like a startled owl. I've got some smaller goggles than can be worn either on a strap or with arms, like sunglasses. They're not bad, but I do tend to look a bit daft in any open face lid anyway -just haven't got the right shaped face for them.
So I bought this graduated green tint bubble visor to go with my green metalflake Biltwell helmet.
Ably demonstrated here by Mr Lunatic. Cool, or does it make you look like you're inside a goldfish bowl? 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 11:28:47 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 07:36:43 PM »

50s sci fi styling? Didn't the bike cops in the first Mad Max film wear these?

Olds

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 08:14:42 PM »

I remember selling bubble visors in the early 70s. Never thought they'd make a comeback. The Stadium ones had a top frame and flipped up (and then off at speed).

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
kapri

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 10:40:56 PM »

Got one with two different  visors ( one bubble ) ,that you can flip to interchange , on the back shelf of the Fury ;-)  Also got a pair of bubble goggles , very NASCAR .
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 10:42:43 PM by kapri » Logged
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 11:21:58 PM »

A "Pudding Basin" and a pair of "Mk 8's", something like this pair of mine from opposite ends of my 2 Wheeling career, to date! it aint over yet........................... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Beware the Ides of March, But!
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 11:32:15 PM »

Or if you really want 'Trendy'.......................................... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Roll Eyes

Beware the Ides of March, But!
the coppersmith

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 04:44:55 PM »

Bubble visors?? Lost a few of them traveling over the moors late at night, looking over the shoulder to see who was trying to catch me, and there they were, gone. Undecided
Mendalot

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 09:35:43 PM »

Hmmmmmmm Undecided    When I was a young man, I had one of those when I got my first Fizzy, but always used to make my eyes water and then one day on the way to work a wasp decided to play chicken with me and ended up flying around the inside ......... ripped the visor off and ceremoniously lobbed it over the nearest hedge.  Grin Grin 

Precision Guesswork ......... What else do you need?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 10:12:41 PM »

Cheesy I haven't ridden a bike for about 5 years -I'd almost forgotten such delights.

minimutly

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 10:26:19 PM »

Hmmmmmmm Undecided    ......... ripped the visor off and ceremoniously lobbed it over the nearest hedge.  Grin Grin 
So, was this a full fanfare, swords, trumpets? Cheesy
Huw
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: