March 29, 2024, 12:56:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trike Insurers  (Read 13320 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« on: August 13, 2014, 02:38:03 PM »

People often ask on here about trike insurers, now I'm asking cos I don't know where the threads are or whether they've got all the info in onme place.
Maybe this could be 'stickied' so that the info is always here?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 09:04:48 PM »

Certainly. I haven't got a trike -at the moment -so who do you use guys & roughly how much do you pay etc?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Olds

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 09:26:16 PM »

Mine is with Highway (part of LV) through Whittlesey Insurance. £140 TPFT

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
scannerzer

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 09:40:27 PM »

just got a quote from  Whittlesey,seemed good to deal with good quote too 164 for me and wifey with no ncb
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 09:42:20 PM »

I've been with Bikesure for years, got a renewal for £135 TPFT and wondered if I should shop around as I've been with them for years but it looks as if it may be about right.

Anyone on here with Swinton?

Or anyone got Comprehensive?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
fifer

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 01:50:39 PM »

Swinton is an insurance broker not an insurance company and I believe that Bikesure is also only an insurance broker .
I use 4 or 5 brokers and get the cheapest quote from them .
I then see which insurance companies they have given .
If more than a couple of brokers have given the same insurance company , I then phone up that company direct which cuts out the middleman { the broker } and you can sometimes get it even cheaper that way .
Often it is cheaper to get comprehensive than TPFT .

Confucious ; He say that man who take woman up hill , him not on level
markju

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 06:18:53 PM »

Test valley insurance based in romsey, hants. Don't have phone number to hand but easy to find using mr google.
Off top of my head about £190 fully comp
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 07:32:06 PM »

I left it too late to do anything other than renew, but it's not a problem really as I doubt I would have got it any cheaper - thanks for all the info though, next year I'll know where to look!

scannerzer

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 08:01:16 PM »

just wondering as it's something i need to do in the near future,when i was getting the quote for my trike they asked the value off the top of my head i said 5000 but how do you actually value it .
if you take into account the hours it's probably nearer 20k but whats realistic.

the local trike shop said their builds sort of start about 13k

any thoughts
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 08:42:37 PM »

When I first insured mine I gave the (estimated) value of the bike plus what I'd paid to have it converted.  when I got the front end modded and the towbar added, I added on what that had cost when I told them about the mods.

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 11:29:04 PM »

You can put any value you like on a trike, or anything else come to that for insurance purposes! but unless your policy is of the "Agreed Valuation" type, you will only obtain what ever value the Insurers agents consider it to be, and then not necessarily that! so,.............. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: