April 25, 2024, 07:22:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: e-petition  (Read 2828 times)
hunter

« on: May 31, 2014, 10:57:58 PM »

e-petition to stop putting ethanol in unleaded

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/63722

John.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop adding Ethanol in Petrol

Responsible department: Department for Transport

Ethanol added to petrol can cause serious damage to vintage and classic motor cars and motor bikes.
Currently the Renewable Fuel Transport Obligation already means that petrol sold in the UK has 5% Ethanol added to it, but this is expected to be increased to 10% in the near future.
The result of this is that many vintage and classic motor vehicles will be taken off the road to avoid the serious engine and fuel system damage that the 10% level will cause.
This E Petition is to force the Government to take notice of the problems being caused by the addition of Ethanol to petrol and ask that this process is stopped to protect the motoring heritage of the UK

I
merv

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 11:30:32 PM »

Signed

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
kevsky

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 05:34:44 AM »

done

reality sucks thank god for religion
kapri

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 09:52:55 AM »

330,000 registered Historics against something like 12 million normal cars .
Olds

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 11:07:47 AM »

While I agree with the idea of not adding more ethanol I don't think this will go away, no matter how many petitions. The Gov. attitude will be that historic vehicles are a very small minority and therefore it will be up to the owners to adapt these vehicles to cope. Just like the removal of lead from fuel.

Signed without hope.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 11:22:55 AM by Olds » Logged

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 01:57:33 PM »

Sadly I agree.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
oldmetalhead82

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 05:36:55 PM »

Me too, but signed anyway.

A MANS GOT TO DO WHAT A MANS GOT TO DO,               AND I DID IT OVER THERE   ------>>>>>>>>
Dslam

Wot ho chaps, its bloody Whitworth!!

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 06:27:11 PM »

It is not just Historics that are effected. The governments own research states that most pre 1998 petrol engine machines of all types may be effected by any degree from minor to catastrophic. That includes the lawn mower, hedge trimmer, chain saws, generators and GT550 trikes. The problem is that the ethanol dissolves many of the plastic and rubber materials that comes into this stuff. To add insult to injury it is hydroscopic (absorbs water) and can rust your tank from the inside out. It can also attack some 'Mazak' type alloys such as the stuff your carb is made from. In addition it burns hotter but much slower than regular fuels of the same octane rating. We are heading towards E10 fuel soon too. Double trouble!!
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 11:00:41 PM »

A lot of bikes with plastic tanks are already being affected by the 5% - the tanks are 'growing', literally expanding!  I know MAG were doing some campaigning on the ethanol issue.

But if the EU says we have to have ethanol, our government will say yes sir, three bags full.  Another good reason for getting out.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
merv

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 07:10:47 AM »

Why do they want ethanol in fuel ? is there any benefit to it, all I've heard  is bad

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
Olds

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 07:24:23 AM »

Ethanol ( ethyl alcohol) is derived from crops and is being added to make fossil based fuel reserves last a bit longer. Expect the percentage of this to rise as time goes on.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
MIXA

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 10:41:16 AM »

Signed but have to agree with olds will not change anything we need out of the eu

klogan45

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 12:01:45 PM »

Signed but i too agree that nothing will change the governments view, they are a bunch of euro lapdogs, also agree with mixa.

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
gazzagood

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 12:55:59 PM »

Signed yesterday I agree with all nothing will change

I always know what I'm doing. Can you help me
PLEASE
andyrennison

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2014, 11:08:31 AM »

Signed

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: