May 01, 2024, 01:26:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: HS2 Su  (Read 11922 times)
Terrortubby

« on: November 23, 2006, 02:02:47 PM »

Hi all

I need a HS2 Su carb or a cheap service kit for the same for a reliant engine, I may have a 750 engine in the trike but can't be sure.

Any help or even the bits would be most welcome.

I can pay for the bits or swap some of the stuff I have lying about the place. I have most of an engine here and a spare gearbox.

Cheers

Gary

Chaos, Panic. Disorder.my work here is done!

http://grumpygaz.blogspot.co.uk/
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 02:28:48 PM »

Hiya, we've got various bits & pieces of carb knocking about, but not sure if we've got a spare complete one. Is there a particular bit you need? If it's a 750 it would've originally run on the earlier Zenith down draught carb.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Terrortubby

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 02:53:23 PM »

Hiya,

Yeah we ditched the Zenith as it was really knackered. it also got in the way of the tank.

We have a HS2 on the engine now and even though there are no gaskets on the inlet manifolds as yet it runs quiet happily Roll Eyes Roll Eyes. We decided not to fit the new gaskets until the final assembly.

Cheers

Gary

flap

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 07:45:31 PM »

Don't bother using gaskets between the carb' and inlet manifold and the carb' - air filter, use the blue or red gasket sealer in a tube. Can't remember what its called, begins with a H. Seals better than paper ones. I have several bits of carb' in me garage. What do you need ?

Did you know I won a Trophy and lost my Cartman hat.
Then I won another Trophy. I miss my hat.
Terrortubby

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 08:03:23 PM »

I could use a needle and main to suit a reliant engine, the su I have is an old one and the needle is worn.
I must say I'm surprised the engine ran at all considering it has no gaskets of any description in the inlet tract at all at the moment.
I recon it should run well once it isn't sucking any extra air in.
I also need to sort a pancacke type airfilter and element out but looking on ebay and other sites have been totally gobsmacked at the money people want. I'm no miser you understand but some of the prices I have been quoted...I'd want a new carb for.

I have been quoted nearly 70 squids for a service kit for my hs2 and the bloke wanted me to tell him what needle I needed.
At that price I thought he should know. He purports after all to be the expert.

I could use any HS2 bits at all to be honest, I can use the good bits to sort a decent carb out of the bits I have.
Cheers for asking.

Gary

saddlebags

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 08:10:48 PM »

the blue or red gasket sealer of which you speak is called hermetite not sure of spelling though.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 09:51:55 PM »

Try Burlens for carb spares.
http://www.burlen.co.uk/
They're in the Links for Commercial Purposes bit of the forum.
The standard HS2 needle's an AAT. We've got AAUs in our trikes, which run much smoother with shorter exhaust systems & more open filters. Start off with the needle seating screw, (the big one in the bottom of the carb), wound out 2 full turns, then adjust as necessary from there.
Ska Man runs a simple pancake filter on his blue Reliant, (I'm still waiting for a write up to go with the piccies of it by the way Nige!), with no problems. Always loads at autojumbles. There's another one at Kempton racecourse before Christmas if you're nearby.

flap

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 10:07:34 PM »

Got my filter at Beaulieu autojumble. Cost about 15 quid but it is nice and shiny  Grin

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 10:14:53 PM »

And it's a genuine SU one.
The blue sealant used on Flap's trike was Hylomar -my Hylomar. Now I haven't got any.

flap

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 10:20:09 PM »

Its red Hylomar on my trike  Tongue there wasn't enough blue in the tube so I had to buy some  Sad

toad

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 10:21:00 PM »

i have a complete carb surplus to needs! if ya dont wanna rebuild yours! dont want anything for it! was just about to chuck it in the skip! bloody hate the hs su! the hif versions alot better but you,ve gotta make a new branch pipe to fit your manifold!!!

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
ska-man2

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 10:33:27 PM »

Ska Man runs a simple pancake filter on his blue Reliant,

I use a K&N filter.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 10:41:59 PM »

Yup, a K & N filter element over a pancake filter.
Ska Man & I are off to "The Motorists Discount Centre" in Newbury on Monday to shop for Cherry Bomb exhausts. Want me to pick up a filter if they've got any?

Terrortubby

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 11:04:20 PM »

Yup, a K & N filter element over a pancake filter.
Ska Man & I are off to "The Motorists Discount Centre" in Newbury on Monday to shop for Cherry Bomb exhausts. Want me to pick up a filter if they've got any?

Not as yet mate, I have a few bits I need to pay for this month. Our local factor lets me have bits on tick now and then and I need to pay him before I spend any more.

I also need to send toad some beer money and postage if the carb he has will suit.

I'll post some piccys of my carb set up in the morning so you can all see what I'm up to.

Cheers everyone for your help so far.

Regards
Gary

Terrortubby

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2006, 04:19:23 PM »

A couple of piccys of the carb. It faces the front of the trike.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: