April 29, 2024, 05:19:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Morning (Reliant trike build)  (Read 72180 times)
Terrortubby

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 10:33:29 AM »

That's handy.
I do the same thing but have to do mine with a flexi disc, followed by a hand file. A back breaking job but worth it in the long run. Filler always seems to crack eventually.

If I was going to paint it I'd have bogged the joints as it's easier to sand bog than grind steel. I recon the powder would be better so it's welding , grinding and filing. Cry.................my poor hands and fingers are taking a pounding but it should be worth the effort. Wink

Take care

Gary

Chaos, Panic. Disorder.my work here is done!

http://grumpygaz.blogspot.co.uk/
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006, 11:08:44 AM »

Believe me, I know just how you feel mate!  Sad

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Terrortubby

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006, 05:08:16 PM »

Some of the paint is back already,

It cost me a dozen cans of "Boddies", It has radar reflecting undercoat and the black is some sort of polyurethane that they use on aircraft.
It's rated to over 500 mph.
I might be needing a bit more oomph from the engine Wink Grin

Laters

Gary

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2006, 05:56:23 PM »

Bet Mrs TT loves trike bits on the bed - or does she sleep in another room so you can share with the trike?   Grin

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2006, 10:14:59 PM »

Gotta get your priorities right -bike bits first, (Manky, single bloke).
So it's a stealth trike then.

Terrortubby

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2006, 08:58:26 AM »

So it's a stealth trike then.

Well some of the bits are Grin

klogan45

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2006, 04:57:27 PM »

Hey TT are you going to get yourself sprayed as well? Grin

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
Terrortubby

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2006, 08:02:50 PM »

Hey TT are you going to get yourself sprayed as well? Grin

Spayed!! I hope not mate, I prefer my bits where they are and not in a frying pan Wink

Terrortubby

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2006, 02:56:36 PM »

Ive had a tit full of this bloody build................................

Once again I have been let down by someone offering to do work on the trike and then giving me piss poor excuses.

I now have to find someone else to do the welding and grinding because my neighbour has promised to do some work on the trike and then come up with an excuse not to do it.

I can't weld very well and the frame is only partly welded. I can cope with the grinding and filing but I can't lay the weld down without blowing holes or it looking like a large goose has shat on it.

I could ask Paul the guy who helped me to modify and build the trike in the first place but he has already gone above and beyond on this build.

Anyone want a part built with s**tty welding?

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2006, 09:34:06 PM »

Woah! Calm down! Shut the garage door & walk away for a couple of days. Enjoy your Christmas then come back to it when you're in a happier frame of mind. Would be a shame to give up now when you're so close.
How about nipping into your local tech college & having a word with the guys who teach welding or mechanics? Maybe they'd weld it up for you & teach you how to weld at the same time.
Where abouts in the country are you? Toad's down on the South coast & I'm in Hampshire. If you're really stuck I'm sure we can sort something out.
Don't despair mate. Wink

reliantman

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2006, 09:50:38 PM »

What he said.
Enjoy your christmas and go back to it in the new year.
If you were anywhere near Cardiff I'd say bring it here and I would run some welds over it for you, just give me a box of rods and I'm happy.
toad

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2006, 10:19:01 PM »

what they said! if ya wanna bring it down here i,ll do it for ya. i know its a longway but i can put ya up overnight!! cheers toad!

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2006, 10:21:49 PM »

See, told you! We've all been there matey. Some of us more often than others!  Wink

Terrortubby

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2006, 12:11:44 PM »

Cheers,

I was having a really bad day yesterday and one more let down just pushed me over the edge.
I was home alone and needed to let off steam so the PC and sadly you lot copped for some frustrated typing.

I have had a cig and a brew and decided to keep trying the welding myself. Unless of course some kind hearted soul living near Manchester can help.

It's been a tough 18 months with doing Pauls trike rebuild last winter, Then Paul and I reconditioned Ricks trike in secret to surprise him at the NABD rally. We were pressed for time as well with only getting hold of the trike at such short notice.
Then straight into this build with all the problems we've had. Yesterday I hit "FULL" and went off.

Onwards and upwards

Later and thanks

Gary

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2006, 10:57:21 AM »

Yeah, just keep plugging away at it & you'll get there in the end mate.
I know just how you feel though. I've been virtually living in Ska Man's garage at the bottom of his garden for the last couple of years now. Some days I actually spend longer there than I do at home. When people come to visit they go there rather than my flat. Thanks by the way, Mr Ska. I do appreciate the use of your facilities.  Wink
Sometimes though, I just get really bogged down in it all. I look at the half built trike & think I'm just getting nowhere & it'll never be done. As Ska Man pointed out the other day though, in the time I've been working on mine, we've pushed out 5 others -his own, Flap's, Simon's, Rainbow's, Critch's & part of Toad's. That works out to one every 6 months or so, although actually they've all been going on at the same time, so we ain't done too badly really. No wonder mine's not finished!   

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to: