April 29, 2024, 10:57:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Rockin Jalopys Dutch hotrod show 15 - 16 November '14  (Read 22551 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: March 28, 2014, 10:07:33 PM »

Autotron exhibition halls, Rosmalen, Holland.
15th & 16th of November, 2014.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Olds

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 09:09:00 AM »

Have fun guys. Grin
PS Don't forget- LOTS OF PICS.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
panthershaun

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 10:23:01 AM »

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry have a blast guy's  Cry Cry Cry

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 10:38:17 AM »

Smiley won't be quite the same going in a Fiesta instead of the Pop this year, but still looking forward to it.
Mr Loon & I are meeting a dozen mates in a pub near the docks at Harwich tomorrow evening. We're sailing to Rotterdam where we take a short diversion to Simonshaven, to meet up with the guys from the Polished Pistons car club, then we'll drive to the show at Rosmalen with them.
With luck we'll be home by midnight on Monday.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:02:51 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 10:55:59 AM »

Have fun!  Diasappointing not going in the Pop but it could have been a bit dodgy if you'd only just got it going but not fully tested so at least you won't have that to worry about!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 11:08:58 AM »

Very true. We'll also have a heater, radio, decent luggage space, power steering, quiet engine, good fuel economy ...oh, & no holes in the roof this time either!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 02:53:37 PM »

On the ferry, heading home again after another great weekend with the European guys. Dale, from Lincolnshire, sold his truck while we were there, so just as well I took the Fiesta as I had to drive 4 of us, plus luggage, back to Rotterdam.
6 hours on the ferry now, which is the most boring journey in the World, followed by another 3 hour drive to get home. Photos tomorrow.
Yup, we'll be back again next year.  Smiley

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 08:08:01 PM »

Well, not a lot to add really. The same trip as last year to the same show in the same venue, but with a slightly different cast of British hotrodders. As last year, we had a blast, meeting up with the incredibly hospitable Dutch guys & spending the weekend surrounded by the coolest cars, bikes & people in Europe.
Mr Loon & I drove up to Harwich, near Great Yarmouth, on Thursday evening to catch the 11.30 ferry over to the Hook of Holland. We're rubbish at this long distance time keeping thing so, like last year, arrived several hours early. We'd arranged to meet up with our fellow Brits in a Brewers Fayre pub just outside the docks.

Dale & Tim in Dale's big green Ford truck,
Ian, Chris & Simon in Ian's red "Shoebox" Ford sedan,
Lucy & Mark in their brown model A Ford roadster pick-up
and Adey & Heather in Adey's blue model A Ford roadster pick-up.

I'd been quite happy driving my little Fiesta as we cruised around the M25 & up the A12, but must admit it wasn't quite the same tagging along behind the customs & seeing how much attention they got everywhere we went. Because it's a night crossing, Stennaline insist you book a cabin for the journey. So after a drink & a chat we retired to our rooms. Loon & I were sharing & our cabin turned out to be surprisingly comfortable. I ended up with the top bunk, with my nose just 2 feet from the ceiling, but had managed to fall into a deep & comfy sleep -until the tannoy right next to my ear barked into life with our 6.30am wake-up call & I leapt up & smashed my head on the ceiling.
We gathered in the lounge, then made our way down to the vehicle deck & soon we were on our way, out of the port & onto the Rotterdam ringroad. At least it was daylight this time, instead of getting lost in the dark as we did last year.
Some of the Dutch guys have joined the British "Jesters" car club, which Dale & Tim belong to, so they'd arranged to meet up with them to cruise to the show hall together.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:08:00 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 08:14:04 PM »

Stopping for essential beer supplies along the way. I don't drink, but the rest of 'em more than made up for that & almost cleared the local supermarket's stock. 200 bottles -will that be enough? It's enough for now. We can always buy more later.
Rinus De Jong's heavily patina'd Mercury in front of the Brits.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 08:14:43 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 08:16:32 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 08:17:51 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 08:26:00 PM »

We arrived at the Autotron exhibition halls in Rosmalen around lunchtime. With no truck to display, I had time to wander around, take a few fuzzy photos of other people setting up & generally get in the way. The Europeans are heavily into car clubs & they'd really put some effort into trying to out-do each other's stands. Although they really live the lifestyle, rather than just playing at it at weekends, the rivalry's very good natured. There were clubs from all over Europe. Adey, Lucy & mark belong to the Executioners, based around London, so set themselves up separately from the Jesters.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 08:26:41 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 08:27:29 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: