March 29, 2024, 05:47:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Clive's Savage  (Read 13528 times)
Olds

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2016, 07:21:57 PM »

Agreed. Lots of possible causes. Favorite one is air leak at head/exhaust.
Can also be air leak head/carb, incorrect ignition etc.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Clive

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2016, 08:28:54 PM »

Cheers gents, I understand it's hard to diagnose via a forum, but some starting points, thanks!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
scannerzer

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2016, 09:00:52 PM »

Hi Clive ,are you running the standard tank and petrol tap?if you are check first that the vacuum pipe hasn't fallen off (ask me how i know lol) if it's on ok then try running on the pri setting on the tap if this cures it the the tap is shot and need replaced. the one from a yamaha raptor quad fits apparently. alternatively mine died 2 years ago and is still running on the pri setting and so far so good. hope this helps
Clive

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2016, 05:35:43 PM »

Standard tank, but raptor tap buddy

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2016, 08:47:23 PM »

Agreed. Lots of possible causes. Favorite one is air leak at head/exhaust.
Can also be air leak head/carb, incorrect ignition etc.
I seem to remember being told to spray something in the area of the suspected leak - was it WD or Redex?   And listen for a change in the engine note - ah yes that would only be for head/carb presumably, as the exhaust would be gases leaking out.....

Oh and I once had a problem which took me ages to diagnose and turned out to be a loose sparkplug!

Oh and then there's loose fuse, loose earth lead, battery lead..... or dry joint in any of those
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 08:49:23 PM by BikerGran » Logged

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Clive

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2016, 08:56:28 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2016, 09:32:38 PM »

Or malicious garage pixies.  Angry

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Clive

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2016, 02:45:16 PM »

Wound the idle up a turn, and it seems to be behaving itself. No obvious air leaks, either at the exhaust, or carb side. Hopefully ride it to work tomorrow, so we'll see........

Sid_Vicious

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2016, 03:24:14 PM »

If there is a leak on the carb side or at a vacuum hose you could spray with startingfluid, the engine will rev up a bit then.

Nothing is impossible, It just take longer time to figure it out
Clive

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2016, 04:02:26 PM »

Tried that buddy, no change

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: