April 29, 2024, 10:05:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: The Flapster returns, the sequel.  (Read 18970 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2006, 01:31:40 PM »

Yeah, cos I is the true trikey God & they'll know if I had a hand in building it, it must be O.K  Grin
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 01:50:35 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
flap

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2006, 01:43:23 PM »

and you'll get 6 points and a big fine  Grin

Did you know I won a Trophy and lost my Cartman hat.
Then I won another Trophy. I miss my hat.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2006, 01:52:29 PM »

Is it registered in my name then? Does that mean I can paint it green & put straight bars on it?

triker9999

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2007, 06:50:41 PM »

hi guys. new to the site , so apologies if i am asking questions already asked.
this orange trike is AWESOME!!!! do we now who built it ? do we know what sorta money it would cost to put something similar together?
had plans to build one this year , but the look of that one has just made me scrap my ideas on design.

anyways , bye for now
ride safe guys

Triker9999

The last words spoken by Union General John Sedgewick were, “They (the Confederate soldiers) couldn’t hit an elephant from this dis…”
tazet
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2007, 07:01:42 PM »

Hi and welcome to the mad house. He built it himself with Manky and I presume ska-man but I'm sure Manky will be along soon to tell you himself.

Grin Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2007, 07:21:49 PM »

Hiya.
It was me, me, me!!!
They had nothing to do with it. All my work.
....Honest.
Oh, O.K then. It was kinda a joint thingy between Flap & I, ably assisted by Ska Man & others.
I've been building & riding trikes for 10 years or more, but Flap's a newbie. He was into off-roading. He took me to a mud plugging day in his Landrover. I took him to a bike show on the back of my trike. He was instantly smitten -by the trike, not me.
Decided he wanted one but had no idea where to start. So I pulled together a pile of useful components from my own & various mates' garages, came up with the frame design & an overall "look" & we went from there.
Flap's a bit of a petrolhead, (like me), & loves tinkering in his garage, so although he was new to the design & building of 3 wheelers he was quite happy to get stuck in & do the bulk of it himself under my expert guidance, (!).
His frame was more or less how I'd been planning my own new one so mine will be quite similar when it's done -but obviously much prettier than his!
Look out for next month's Back Street Heroes. The Flapster's featured in there.

tazet
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2007, 07:25:25 PM »

See I said he wouldn't be far away. Grin
Glad I got it right on who built it  Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2007, 07:27:25 PM »

I is here.  Grin

tazet
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2007, 07:28:29 PM »

And I'm here freezing in this old cottage  Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2007, 07:29:11 PM »

How's the mouse trapping going?

tazet
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2007, 07:30:09 PM »

4 yeaserday  Grin and none so far today. Little buggers.  Angry
triker9999

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2007, 07:31:28 PM »

thanks guys for rapid replies. its an beauty! just right sorta thing for me to Cruise down Blackpool on a summer evening!

any ideas what sorta budget i am gonna need for something similar?

thanks again guys

triker9999

The last words spoken by Union General John Sedgewick were, “They (the Confederate soldiers) couldn’t hit an elephant from this dis…”
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2007, 07:42:06 PM »

Ours have all come out at around the 2000 quid mark, but you could do it a lot cheaper if you wanted. Depends what sort of finish you want & how much effort you put in yourself. Ours are all powdercoated, (cheaper than paint), but we use stainless fasteners on everything & braided brake lines, refurbed engines, new brake components, oil seals, bearings etc.
They're deliberately basic & simple though -very low tech. We've got nothing more professional than an angle grinder & a MIG welder, though we have recently acquired the services of the fabulous Mr Saddlebags & his magic CNC machines. There's nothing on our machines that you couldn't reproduce with a hacksaw & hand file -I know cos that's how most of it was done!

triker9999

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2007, 08:00:28 PM »

well thats within my budget , so smiling this end!
i have  found a reliant rialto going for £350
is this reasonable money?

sorry to be asking loads, but you guys seems friendly enuf and the guys on britchopper and Desparate Dans sit speak highly of ya!

triker9999

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2007, 08:14:29 PM »

Really? I must buy them a cake sometime.
350? My first donor car cost me a tenner. The second was 20 & the third a whopping 100. Ska Man bought one from our local scrappy last year for 30 quid. Depends what condition it's in I guess. We strip & rebuild the motors, although Ska Man's went in straight from the car. If it's a good runner the extra cost would be offset against what it'd cost to refurbish the bits you need I suppose.
Try looking in the more obscure places -shop window ads, Exchange & Mart etc. Places where they're still thought of as cheap old cars, rather than bike mags & Ebay where people have cottoned on to them being sought after by trikers. Grin

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: