April 28, 2024, 04:35:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: "New" british motorcycle ? (for "discerning hooligans")  (Read 8634 times)
Tony oily bike

« on: October 08, 2013, 11:48:59 AM »

Have a look at this and see what you think.

Then, have a guess at what the price is.......... Shocked   Shocked   Shocked    Shocked

Apparently there are only (going to be?) nine of these.
Basic spec is (as best I know) as follows:
Metisse hardtail frame, nickel plated.
T140 motor.
Cerani forks.
Four-leading shoe Grimeca drum brake at the front front
Milled out Triumph Conical hub with drum brake at the back.
Smiths speedo.
Avon tyres.

The machine is a Gladstone -
http://www.salonprivelondon.com/brands.asp?choice=gladstone#  to quote the website

Gladstone Motorcycles

Gladstone Motorcycles manufacture the finest hand built British Motorcycles for the "Discerning Hooligan". Complementing the bespoke motorcycles Gladstone has created a range of life style accessories, clothing, helmets and gloves that reflect our passion for British individualism and idiosyncrasy. Salon Privé sees the Global premiere of Gladstone Motorcycles. The first new British motorcycle brand to come to market since 1984. On display will be the inaugural Gladstone - The Gladstone No.1. Only nine of these quintessential, Triumph T140 powered, Metisse framed British Bobbers will be available for sale. Gladstone's CEO, Henry Cole - Presenter of World's Greatest Motorcycle Rides for Travel Channel Worldwide and The Motorbike Show for ITV is thrilled to be launching Gladstone at Salon Privé. "Quite simply where else would you want to launch an exclusive, hand built, new British Motorcycle brand other than at Syon Park Salon Privé? We are all terribly excited to be part of this iconic event!"

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Tony oily bike

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 12:00:32 PM »

OK all you discerning hooligans, go and raid your post office savings and piggy banks, cos the price on this little sweetie is (apparently) a cool £50 shy of £29,000. Yep, you read that right.............

http://gladstonemotorcycles.tumblr.com/

http://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2012/2013/september/gladstone-unveiled-at-salon-prive-/

http://www.autoconception.com/new-british-motorcycle-manufacturer-to-launch-at-salon-prive/

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

Chevy Rick

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 12:26:47 PM »

Grin When I see prices like that Tony just makes me think my Triumph pre unit T120 bobber must be going up in value Huh Huh Huh
merv

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 12:42:27 PM »

Its a nice looking bike but I cant see 29,000 quid in it ?

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 12:48:41 PM »

Some lucky buggers have that kind of money to spend - my daughter's boss spent £40,000 on one of those Ducati race rep things intending to keep it as an investment - then decided it was too good not to be ridden and used it for track days!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
kevsky

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 02:59:00 PM »

it's very nice but very pricey too
how many members of this forum could create something equally as good if not even better ,a massive percentage I'd say
seems like we're in the wrong job guys .what about we pool our talents and start  our own monkey business

reality sucks thank god for religion
spanners

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 03:45:04 PM »

.what about we pool our talents and start  our own monkey business

ther,s enough ,,monkey business,, on here without starting anymore  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 03:47:36 PM »

ther,s enough ,,monkey business,, on here without starting anymore  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Ha ha ha look who's talking!  ;-)

"I'm giving it all up" he says.  "I'm selling everything" he says.  And what does he do?  Imports another project all the way from the U S of A!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
spanners

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 04:16:32 PM »

ther,s enough ,,monkey business,, on here without starting anymore  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Ha ha ha look who's talking!  ;-)

"I'm giving it all up" he says.  "I'm selling everything" he says.  And what does he do?  Imports another project all the way from the U S of A!

and thats caused even more trouble today  its looking like it wont be coming home ,,,f##kin neighbours land claiming ass ole,s

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
poprodder

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 04:23:42 PM »

anyone watching henry cole on his matisse framed bike, crossing south africa on travel channel.

triumph engined, leaking oil, silencers falling off.

Olds

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 07:27:49 PM »

"New" british motorcycle ? (for "discerning hooligans")
I am obviously not discerning enough!
Nice bike but £29,000 and it's not even unique. Looks to be mainly, a lot of bought in parts (expensive parts, admittedly).

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Tony oily bike

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 07:36:09 PM »

anyone watching henry cole on his matisse framed bike, crossing south africa on travel channel.

triumph engined, leaking oil, silencers falling off.

Yeah, Trials rear tyre shedding blocks of tread, but then, if you use it on the tarmac at road speeds (at what pressure) .............Huh?, oh, and it also looks like the top of the shocks, where they mount the frame, have sheared??? next episode will reveal.

As for the amount of oil leaking!!!! I've ridden various Triumphs over the years, as have friends, and they can be built to be oil tight without too much effort.
We have folk riding supercharged Triumphs at Sprints that are oil tight, and they're putting out a fair few horses!!!

fifer

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 08:33:38 PM »

Originally posted by Tony oily bike ;
As for the amount of oil leaking!!!! I've ridden various Triumphs over the years, as have friends, and they can be built to be oil tight without too much effort.
We have folk riding supercharged Triumphs at Sprints that are oil tight, and they're putting out a fair few horses!!!
Agree  Smiley
Never had an oil leak on any of my Triumphs ;
No blooming Red Hermetite !!!!!!
Ensure mating surfaces are true ;
Take care of engine breathers ;
Sort out the wee modification to the pushrod tunnel seals .
=
Clean engine  Smiley

Confucious ; He say that man who take woman up hill , him not on level
poprodder

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 09:38:13 PM »

and registered as a 68 (f plate)

Brushwarrior

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 05:14:06 PM »

Gladstone seems to be amongst trend in custom bikes. nice but not for us normal folks.  went to visit Krazy Horse customs in my local town and not surprised at the price tags, they are even a distributor for morgan 3 wheelers that use S&S motors (improved version of HD's motor?)  still think these customs ort to have bigger petrol tanks. lol.

Steve
BSE - Bury St. Edmunds

Stevo Adams
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: