April 28, 2024, 08:08:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DeScale water cooling sytem  (Read 1119 times)
saex69

« on: September 22, 2013, 12:41:50 AM »

Don't know if any one has done a thread on descale the cooling system on a engine before, it's a must on the little Reliants and depends on what the water is like were you live. Now as i had my 850 engine out for a clean up i thought i would check every thing oil seal's plugs the works as i took the head the piston still std and clean :)then was checking water system i noticed the 2 rear holes were compleatly blocked Cry with lime scale so had a bit poke around as you do and got some out so thought bugger this out came the air line and cave it a good o'l blast yerp i was cover'd from head to toe in white powder Cheesy, it took an other 15mins before it was cleaned out so next was the fitting of the water pump then i pored hot water down the tube not filling it to the top i had to leave room to pore some descale fluid in leave for about 5 to 10 mins or until fizzing stopped then pore out making shore not to get it in the barrels or the push rod tubs now its all nice and clean just like new. Grin 

Life is like a s**t sandwich the more bread you have the less s**t you have to eat.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: