April 29, 2024, 07:08:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutch hotrod show 16 -17 November '13  (Read 42060 times)
goforest

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 05:04:00 PM »

You'll have a great time Autotron is a great place as is the camp site bunkhouse place round the corner been to both many times, there's a great Chinese Restaurant just down the road (next to the brothel) Have Fun ;-)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 07:37:12 PM »

Grin
All booked & paid for now. Loony & I are going in the Pop & meeting up with 3 other cars, 2 model A Fords & a '47 Ford -so it'll be an all Ford Brit contingent.
Catching the Harwich ferry, (near Ipswich), on the Thursday morning, driving into Holland & stopping overnight at a small hotel on the way, where the cars will be parked at the Flake Kings' clubhouse, (a well known & very cool car club). Then hopefully meeting up with some European hotrodders for the drive to the show hall on the Friday. We're staying in a bunkhouse within walking distance of the show for the weekend, going to the Saturday night show party, then catching the ferry home on the Monday.
Looking forward to our European adventure now.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 10:57:15 PM »

Sounds brill!

Jealous!

Shocked

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 09:23:30 PM »

Only a couple of days now till our road trip to Rosmalen in the Netherlands & we might even have glass in the windows by then, (had the door glass cut this morning & trial fitted it in the doors this evening).
Looks like we'll be driving the Pop up to Harwich overnight on Wednesday to catch the ferry on Thursday morning, (we've decided we'd rather allow twice as much time as we need for the journey, than arrive 5 minutes late, just in time to see the ferry sailing off into the distance). We can grab a couple of hours sleep on the crossing as it takes over 6 hours to get to Holland. The ferry ticket just says "Hook of Holland" -I'm not sure if that's Amsterdam or Rotterdam. They're just names on a map to me at the moment. Then it's something like 60 or 70 miles to Eindhoven, where we're staying in a hotel overnight & parking the cars in the Flake Kings' clubhouse. Then another 30 miles or so the next day to the Autotron show hall in Rosmalen. We're not officially booked into the show, but despite me asking everyone I can find, it seems the organisers are pretty laid back & very keen to have foreign vehicles on show, especially if they've been driven there. So hopefully we can enter on the day.
Here's a quick YouTube clip of the Flake Kings guys at the 2011 show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4smWkd43c10
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 09:58:06 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

poprodder

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 05:16:31 PM »

one casualty already, adrian smiths (owner of http://www.bucklandautomotive.com/ ) rpu engine knocking north of london. he's lucky in having a f100 pick up as back up.

Olds

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 06:00:04 PM »

Jealous!
Shocked

Me too. Cry
Had to go the wrong week.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
goforest

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2013, 06:55:32 PM »

Your Gona love It Have A Great Time  Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2013, 08:20:20 PM »

Just packing a change of clothes & checking the route, (M3, M25, A12), then I'm all set. Only 150 miles to the ferry. Mr Loon & Archie did 100 in the Pop a couple of weeks ago on the Surrey Street Rodders' run, but if we don't make it there, it's game over for the weekend. So I've been checking everything over this afternoon. Hopefully we're all good.

NeilG

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2013, 09:33:08 PM »

All the best to you guy's,have a good un.
poprodder

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2013, 09:17:29 AM »

they made it onto the ferry.

pic taken by russell debarr.(owner of no 62)

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 03:19:04 PM »

...and we're back -or on our way back anyway.
Hello chaps. Sitting in the internet cafe onboard the ferry, on our way home from the Hook of Holland. The wi fi connection's really slow, but then I guess we are in the middle of the North Sea. Should dock in Harwich at 8pm tonight, then we've got a 3 hour drive back to Hampshire.
We've had a fabulous trip. Met some crackin' people, laughed a lot, ate well, checked out some great vehicles -just had a brilliant time. We'll definitely be going back next year.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 12:18:42 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 08:33:03 PM »

Excellent!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
spanners

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2013, 09:44:08 PM »

that means we just have time to clear up ,, take the empty bottles and tins out an nip round with the hoover  Cheesy Cheesy

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Olds

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2013, 10:39:07 PM »

Well we didn't set fire to the site and no one sold it either. I tried to, but it didn't make the 99p minimum bid.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
poprodder

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2013, 10:45:24 PM »

andy has been a show whore!!! pick up on display inside!!!!

nice one mate.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: