April 25, 2024, 11:41:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oil pressure sender location  (Read 2720 times)
andyrennison

« on: July 04, 2013, 09:53:50 PM »

Has anyone tried moving the location of the reliant oil pressure sender?

I am thinking about running a copper pipe from the original oil pressure take off point to under my fuel tank, so I can fit a hidden electronic sender.

Will it still read accurately ?

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared
Olds

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 10:28:49 PM »

Yep, or at least it should do.
You can fit an adaptor between the block and the oil warning light switch with a port for the pipe to the electronic pressure sender, but this moves the switch out and makes it more vulnerable to being knocked.  I think you can you can leave the warning light switch as is and fit the pipe to one of the tapings on the oil gallery on the LH side of the engine.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
andyrennison

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 10:34:56 PM »

Yep, or at least it should do.
You can fit an adaptor between the block and the oil warning light switch with a port for the pipe to the electronic pressure sender, but this moves the switch out and makes it more vulnerable to being knocked.  I think you can you can leave the warning light switch as is and fit the pipe to one of the tapings on the oil gallery on the LH side of the engine.

Thanks ON, I couldn't think of a reason it wouldn't - but, you know.......

I am planning on running a nice polished pipe from the port on the block to below the tank, then fitting the T adapter up ther, so both the sender and the switch plus all the wiring will be hidden.

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared
ROD

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 06:07:22 AM »

I was going to do this when I first built mine,but it got left as" one of those jobs I'll do later!" Admittedly I didnt look for very long,but I couldnt find a union that looked 'right'.as you say,it would clean up the whole area of wiring etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: