May 01, 2024, 12:33:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Sun 28/04/13 - Monkey World Run  (Read 10898 times)
Chevy Rick

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2013, 04:02:30 PM »

Like all men, we didn't see Mickey and his mates outside until it was feeding time.

http://i.imgur.com/eQusPlQ.jpg
Sun 28/04/13 - Monkey World Run

http://i.imgur.com/BIyJNHu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6dzqXXi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SLbH1UK.jpg
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 04:07:48 PM by Chevy Rick » Logged
poprodder

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2013, 04:35:37 PM »

i see they let andy in to play with them!!!! Tongue  Cheesy Grin

Al

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2013, 04:38:11 PM »

i was just thinking the same  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
glad you all had a great day

Simple Simon

Champion Air Rider

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2013, 05:10:42 PM »

Well, what can I say? Just got back, safe and sound despite my clutch not engaging when we tried leave.  With Flaps bike playing up (hope you got back ok mate) and JJ's Mobility scooter breaking down I think that it's safe to say all 3 bad things are out of the way.
Thanks to Andy once again for another great day, if a bit cold.

I will do it! I will do it! I will do it! I will do it! ........
well in a minute.. or... tomorrow..... OK maybe next week!
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2013, 05:28:37 PM »

Oh I dunno - just spent ages trying to put my pics on Photobucket, and not only has it mixed up the order but it seems to have lost some of them - I'll have to do it the hard way!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2013, 05:39:13 PM »

First the people - and the monkeys!
Grandchildren
Mickey (I think)
ChevyRick and JayJay

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2013, 05:45:11 PM »

Cute monkey warming his tum on a radiator
Ring tailed lemurs
Boss lemur!

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2013, 05:48:21 PM »

More pics later - keeps telling me they're too big but they're not, it's a glitch that happens sometimes!

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2013, 06:51:40 PM »

Did Jay Jay run over Simon?
No he was investigating her breakdown!  Here are the Monkey World AA...
And here comes the cavalry!

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2013, 07:12:17 PM »

Unusual recovery vehicle!
Briniging JayJay's scooter back to her car
Meanwhile, Sandra (Mrs Simple Simon) drives the scooter that was meant for JayJay
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 07:13:59 PM by BikerGran » Logged

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2013, 07:40:46 PM »

Now it will only let me post 2 at a time - the end of the story is worth a look and the pics are on Facebook, I think this is a public link.......

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.656509311033203.1073741834.100000224199684&type=1

For anyone who doesn't know FB, click on the first thumbnail which will open the pic, then there's an arrow to go to the next one when you hover over the right side of the pic.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 07:42:32 PM by BikerGran » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2013, 09:27:28 PM »

Hi guys.
Nice to see everyone today. 15 of us in all, which ain't bad considering we're so spread out across the country. The weather was kind to us after all the recent rain, hail etc. A little chilly but dry. Flap & I travelled the 80 miles from Basingstoke in Hampshire down to Dorset this morning, stopping at Rownhams services on the M27 for breakfast. Flap's Honda Hornet has only done 400 miles in the last year & the battery appears to have died. That meant I had to push start him every time we stopped anywhere, but other than that, no problems.
We were the last to arrive, as always, & found a ragtag army of Monkeys & children/grandchildren waiting for us at the gate. A quick head count & we passed through the turnstile. We had a ticket for up to 30 people & I did think about offfering free entry to the next few people in the queue, but wasn't sure what the staff would think of that & as they rely on visitors to pay for the upkeep of MonkeyWorld, it's not really in the spirit of the thing to deprive them of the entry fees.
We soon split up & went our seperate ways to stroll around the grounds, but bumped into various forumers during the day. Flap & I enjoyed it. Apes are fascinating creatures -far more intelligent than some of the people watching them! Micky, our adopted Chimpanzee, is the oldest & greyest in his family group. We think we spotted him, but he didn't make himself known to us, so we're not entirely sure. Maybe they should wear name badges, or a hat or something. Loved the Orangutans & the Capuchins & Woolly Monkeys were very cute. Somehow managed to miss the Lemurs, but visited the Gibbons & lots of others.
A very relaxed, simple day out. I was at a hotrod meet in London last night & didn't get home till the early hours of the morning, so apologies if I didn't chat to everyone, but I was half asleep! It was lovely to see you all though & I hope the kids all had a good time.
Mr Flap & I had a thoroughly enjoyable, "spirited" journey back through the Wiltshire/Hampshire countryside, him blasting the cobwebs out of his bike & me tagging along behind in my car. A good day. Thanks to everyone who came along. Let's do it again next year.  Grin 

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2013, 09:28:37 PM »

JayJay

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2013, 09:29:51 PM »

Nice to see everyone again and nice to meet Flap.

Thanks Simon for doing your best to get my scooter started again. If nothing else, it is a bit cleaner!   Smiley

Bobbi, thanks for your help with the free running lever which you must have put up and down numerous times while we tried to get it going and thanks for getting the boys back to the car park for me.  However, I don't thank you for the photos! Embarrassed  Grin

The children enjoyed themselves again. It is nice that they get on so well together but I think because they are all naturally friendly and considerate of others, they just hit it off.

Thanks Sharon and Bethany for getting the park's scooter back to the top for me after I had a lift with the gardener. I know Bethany was disappointed she couldn't drive it (too young) but she was good with the encouragement. I think Bobbi's photo sums up your trepidation Sharon, at being in charge.

Cheers Chevy Rick for coming back to make sure I was okay after you had already left for home, but then again, you are a sweetheart.   Kiss  Oh dear, that will ruin your street cred.

I know they won't read this but thanks also to Monkey World personnel for being so kind and helpful. I will be putting a card in the post to let their boss know.

Anyway hopefully we are all safely home now. A good day in spite of the mechanical problems. We truly are a Manky lot. The weather though quite cool was at least dry so that was a bonus and hopefully next year we can fully utilise our allotted 30 spaces.

Cheers Andy for arranging it and hopefully, we will see you all at Basingstoke.

JJ  Smiley

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2013, 09:32:16 PM »

Yup, see you in a couple of weeks. It wouldn't be a MMMotors run if someone didn't break down!
We think this was Micky. 31 years old this year. He said Thanks for all your donations by the way.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: