April 29, 2024, 07:13:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: A PROP’ER DILEMER  (Read 13235 times)
Ziggy

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2006, 08:07:14 PM »

The GT prop has a small pin in the cup which mates to the gearbox shaft if you use a small nail to push down the pin in the hole and the cup slides off but be careful the pin is on a spring and will FLY if you don't I used an old towel rapped over the prop and my hand as I pulled the prop off.

Hi TwistedPatience. That's just what I needed to know, thanks so much... Wink Cool  I was down in the lock up today, and while trying to figure out how the bloody thing came off, I happen to have found that tiny hole in the coller, but I didn't have the first clue what it was for, so your information is very appreciated. Cool Cool Cool

klogan45

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2006, 08:17:49 PM »

Hi Ziggy,
not a real jig, a spirit level and by eye. Bolted the axle brackets to the tube brackets then centralised the swinging arm on the axle. Tack welded the axle brackets. Disconnected the swinging arm brackets and welded both brackets inside and outside. Had to do the lot outside as the wife would'nt let me do it in the house.lol Cry
Hope the line drawing made sense .
Glad to be able to help Smiley.
Glad to see that you got the shaft off the bike, I'll remember the tip from twisted patience for future reference.
Take it easy
Regards
Keith
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 09:52:31 PM by klogan45 » Logged

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2006, 08:20:12 PM »

Gonna share your axle clamp secrets with us then?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
klogan45

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2006, 09:35:31 PM »

Hi mm,
I most certainly will  Smiley and here they are. I hope that they all attach. Someone has probably already done this, if so ...ok, if not I only to glad to share. Had a prob with an attachment so have posted   two more in the next message.
Regards
Keith
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 09:47:55 PM by klogan45 » Logged

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2006, 09:42:23 PM »

Very tidy. Nice neat welds too!

klogan45

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2006, 09:45:03 PM »

Hi mm,
Had trouble with attachment, here is the other pic and a line drawing.... hope that you can decipher it. Not the best drawing in the world, but i'm sure that you can figure it out. No offense intended but sketched  this originally for my nearly son in law who is not particularly techy minded.
Regards
Keith
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 09:51:44 PM by klogan45 » Logged

reliantman

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2006, 12:44:21 PM »

Looking good.
klogan45

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2006, 05:54:13 PM »

Thanks guys glad you like it, but I can not take credit for all the welding...I just tack things and then have a real welder do the main stuff. Call me a pussy if you like but its a lot safer that way.
Take it easy guys
Regards
Keith

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2006, 07:25:57 PM »

Your avatar looks more of a llama than a pussy to me.

Ziggy

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2006, 08:18:56 PM »

As for fixing the axle to the frame, I've opted for the version you see below, mainly because I can fit the axle to the frame before desiding on it's final position, then I can weld in a roll stop.

klogan45

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2006, 08:27:41 PM »

Hey hey hey MM,
you nearly recognised it for what it is....excellent effort, but its an alpaca, pretty close though,had some one ask once if i'd photoshopped a picture of a sheep....they don't know there wildlife eh?Huh I can't even use photo shop.
regards
Keith

klogan45

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2006, 08:29:48 PM »

Hi Ziggy,
like the look of the mountings too. Maybe i'll use these on the next one that I build. They look a lot easier to make. Nice one mate.
Regards
Keith

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2006, 08:38:50 PM »

Just a minute -I recognise that lumpy welding! That's MINE!
Is anyone actually building anything or just cutting & pasting bits of my previous projects together! I'm losing track but I think that's the frame for Rainbow's GS850 trike, (last year's girlfriend). Nice clear shot of the disc & caliper mounting bracket. Those clamps have a tab added to one side that bolts to a corresponding one on the axle tube to stop it turning or sliding in the clamp by the way.
Just outside Basingstoke on the M3 heading towards Winchester, there's a llama in a field. Thought I was seeing things when I rode past one day & spotted it looking over the hedge!   
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 08:45:40 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Ziggy

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2006, 08:44:07 PM »

Keith.

I managed to get the bike prop off (thanks TP Wink) only to find I hadn't measured it right, and now I have to cut some off that contraption I've made Cry I'm bloody gutted ! Roll Eyes Cry

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2006, 08:52:35 PM »

Brock's just emailed me:
"The home of the British alpaca society is in Ogbourne st. George".
-How would he know that? Why would he know that?

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: