May 01, 2024, 03:03:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FOURTRAK  (Read 1772 times)
hunter

« on: February 11, 2013, 01:46:59 PM »

Not bike or trike related but i have a problem.
I have had my fourtrak for 13 trouble free years until now,
Sat afternoon i started and drove about half a mile stopped and let it idle for about ten mins.
When all of a sudden the engine sounded like it was going to stall,
I have a Dieselveg conversion fitted it means i have a twin solenoid's fitted that are switchable from the dash,So i jumped in a bit quick and switched it to veg oil thinking i had run out of diesel but the motor stalled
I checked the diesel tank 20L and was half full,
I tried to restart it no luck,I i sprayed cold start down the inlet and managed to start it,
Now it will idle but wont rev,the actuator on the pump is moving when you depress the peddle yet there is no responce.  any help would be appreciated.

I
nabsim

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 02:07:27 PM »

Sorry but not much use, I would look at filters but I expect you ave already done that

toad

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 05:55:57 PM »

veg oil is know to clean the crap off the inside of the tank and fuel lines so it is possible that the filter has blocked. and the other thing to check does it have a manual primer inline or on top of the filter housing as it's possible the diaphram has failed and letting in air??

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
hunter

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 06:09:58 PM »

Thanks for the repy's.
Nabs yes changed the filter although it was clean.

Hi Toad.The diesel is supplied from a 22ltr tank in the back of the vehicle to a solenoid with a in line filter which i have changed,
The veg oil is kept in the main tank,the veg oil goes through the main filter that does have a Manuel prime but as the diesel does not go through this filter i can't see that being the problem.

I
The North

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 07:35:06 PM »

Toad is on the money with this If the filters are clean and the primmer pump diaphragm is not the problem is there a hole in a pipe its drawing air some place, put some clean diesel in a brand new fuel  can run a pipe straight from the pump in to the can start it up if it is fine which in my opinion it will be, you need to methodicaly replace and clean work your way back to the filler cap.   If it is as bad with the new fuel straight in the pump its a pump diaphragm or seal problem.
hunter

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 08:21:51 PM »

OK just got in,
I have connected a one meter length of pipe directly to the pump with a funnel attached filled with fuel.
Still wont run,Checked diaphragm it's OK.
Sounds like pump has died.

I
The North

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 12:02:14 AM »

Photo the pump some have a seal in the pump that goes this type were on the early DG 2.5 little jeep and the early red top gear driven Dls the timing belted black top motors only had them untill they changed the old Toyota gearbox for the scania box then the pump changed if its this latter pump it probably will need repairing or replacing.  Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: