March 28, 2024, 09:40:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Radiator problems  (Read 5449 times)
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 11:24:38 PM »

That Mr. M, is a definitive Reliant trike, and probably my all time favourite of the breed! nice one, and nice to see it again Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 11:50:09 PM »

Why thank you, Other Mr M.  Wink
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 11:53:27 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
spanners

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 11:55:28 PM »

Why thank you, Other Mr M.  Wink
always been my favourite trike ,,, Smiley Smiley i was hoping to own youre last build but i missed it  Sad Sad

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 12:03:25 AM »

There'll be another one along soon I'm sure!

spanners

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 12:07:19 AM »

well my ,chevy,, hotrod hauler aint going to happen, Angry Angry Angry been f####d ///messed about by the seller /importer ,, Angry Angry

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
steven brock

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 08:19:11 AM »

Love that green trike that's the one that started me off any today pics of it around? Sorry to jump in on the thread ..

steel wasn't invented to make bloody staples with!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 12:05:03 PM »

I built 2 in the same shade of green. That one's the first one, with a Ford Fiesta radiator, (I think), mounted at the back & the coolant running through the bottom frame rails. It was featured in Back Street Heroes. Those snaps were taken at the 3 Bs' rally in Hampshire. Won Best Trike there if I remember.
Rode it for a couple of years, all over the South of England & as far up as Lincolnshire & Cambridgeshire. Eventually sold the frame, tank & seat to SkaMan, an old forum member. The tank was hand made aluminium with the speedo set into the top of it. He rebuilt it in blue with Rover rear wheels & a Suzuki front end & called it "Blue Job". I know he's since sold it, but don't know where it went.
While I was riding it, I started building Flap's orange trike. Basically built his frame the way I fancied my next one -a very basic hardtail. Before we'd finished his I'd stripped mine down to rebuild it. Kept the engine, axle, wheels & front end & put it together around a new frame, with the rad at the front.
Other things came along & it sat, almost finished, in various lock-ups & sheds, for several years. Sold it a couple of months ago to one of my workmates. He plans to MSVA it & have it on the road for the Summer, but it's been too cold for him to get out to his rented garage since he bought it. I've picked up a few ideas from you lot since then & if I'd kept it would've altered a few bits & pieces. Would be a nice one to ride I think & I'm hoping the new owner will let me take it for a spin when it's done.

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 12:57:44 PM »

They are both excellent pieces of work, Mr.M, but the original, with rear mounted rad. just edges it for me!I'm also sure that somewhere in the future will see the next development of this stable Shocked Shocked Shocked even though you might not think so at this moment in time, has to happen, doesn't it! ciao for now, Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: