May 01, 2024, 10:44:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Victory Wheelers Hayling Reunion 19th May 2013  (Read 10566 times)
chrisj

« on: January 21, 2013, 12:44:51 PM »

Victory Wheelers invite you to the eighth annual 'chillout by the sea'.

Sunday May 19th from 10am
Victory Wheelers 8th Hayling Reunion
Funland Amusement Park, Hayling Island, Hampshire PO11 0AG
www.victorywheelers.co.uk

A lazy day for all things custom, rod, rat, muscle, chopped & bobbed!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:44:25 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 07:44:58 PM »

Added to the events calendar for you Chris.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
chrisj

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 11:58:27 AM »

Thanks Andy. Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 04:46:49 PM »

Took my Ford Pop pick-up along to this. It's first real outing since the maiden voyage to WheelsDay a few months ago, where we just about limped there & back. It's had a bit more looking at since then & although still not quite right, it's getting there.
I'd arranged to meet Scottie the hotrod haulier & his missus, Gina, at the Spring Vehicle meet in Berkshire, so we left at around 11am for the 30 mile journey down to Hayling Island. I followed their Chevy sedan cos I haven't got a working speedo in the truck yet. Unfortunately, neither have they. So I've no idea what speed we were doing, but it ranged from a sedate wallow, (the Chevy ain't really built for speed), to a bit more of a spirited blat along the A3M.
The weather was overcast, but warm when we left Berkshire, but grew wetter the closer we got to the coast. Eventually, as we crossed the bridge onto the island itself, a steady drizzle began to fall. Not pouring rain, but enough that I had to flick on the little 5 inch long wipers -at least in a roof chopped rod, there's less glass to get wet.
As we drove the last couple of miles to the funfair where the Victory Wheelers' show's held, we passed half a dozen motors heading the other way. That's not a good sign. Then I had a phone call from Archie. I'd arranged to meet him & Nathan at the show, but they said it'd been raining all morning & they'd decided to call it a day & go home. So it was with slight disappointment that we rumbled into the carpark of Funland, though to be honest, with the truck finally running almost right & no problems on the way down, Id've been happy to drive to Tescos carpark. I just wanted to take part in a hotrod show, in a hotrod for once.
We arrived at about 12.30, missing Kapri by minutes, who also had to head for home, having aggravated various health problems while working on my truck the previous day. Thanks Kev. I'll buy you an ice cream the next time we're down your way.
So although the Wheelers put on a great show, as they always do, they were kinda hampered by our Great British Summer weather, something even they can't control. Plenty of people still there when we arrived, but the ranks of cars parked on the shingle were gradually thinning out. As always, lots of familiar faces to chat to & some fresh cars to peruse. Wheelers member & freelance photographer Chris J was looking for suitable cars for his model to pose with & grabbed me as soon as I parked up. I snapped a few shots of her in the cab, then left them to it while I went for a wander.
Victory Wheelers members JJ & Rick had also been at the Berkshire show in the morning, before taking a different route to Hayling. Nice to see you guys.
Eventually, by mid afternoon, the rain was coming down heavier & people were starting to move out. A shame, but what can you do against the weather. Scottie & family & I drove a mile up the sea front to a cafe they know, where we dined on fish n chips & ice cream. Typically, by the time we came out again the rain had stopped, the sun was out & it turned into a lovely evening. We strolled on the beach for a while, then rolled out of the carpark, back over the bridge & headed homewards. A perfect cruise back in warm sunshine. I'll be back next time.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 06:00:16 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 04:53:39 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 04:54:33 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 04:56:08 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 04:57:09 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 04:58:20 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 04:59:31 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 05:00:29 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 05:01:48 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 05:03:57 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 05:05:07 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 05:06:30 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: