April 29, 2024, 09:14:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: offspring at christmas  (Read 1114 times)
ROD

« on: December 25, 2012, 10:04:18 AM »

Well,as a 'veteran' parent with 3 grown up kids(20/25/30) I can advise all parents with younger kids to make the most of them while they are youngsters,as they get older they can become even more hassle at xmas! Already bad feeling here this morning about the amount of time the 'middle one' wants to spend with us today Roll Eyes.Hey Ho Ho Ho,we're off to spend the day at the older ones house locally. SWMBO hasnt got to cook!
  y'all have a good one! Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 10:21:54 AM »

Yeah, I've been feeling sorry for myself the last few days, thinking about being single at Christmas. Then I ventured into town for last minute shopping a couple of times & saw the harrassed, angry parents & the miserable. fed up kids -& suddenly things didn't seem so bad!
I'm Christmassing at my brother Brock's vast house in Wiltshire. He & Mrs Brock are still in bed, so I'm mooching about doing nothing in particular. No hassle, no family pressure. Very pleasant.
Have a good couple of days everyone.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 10:10:53 PM »

Well I'm aware how lucky I am to have spent the morning with both of my daughters and their families/partners - no hassle, no arguments (Lucy even let me take her photo!) - then we came home for lunch on our own.  Our choice, it's a tiny cottage where Rose lives and very full with 4 adults and 2 children, without us as well!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: