April 29, 2024, 11:57:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  
Author Topic: Pendine Sands speed event  (Read 54056 times)
hunter

« Reply #180 on: August 23, 2013, 10:34:38 PM »

Don't rely on the website for information,Very disappointing.

I
Tony oily bike

« Reply #181 on: August 24, 2013, 09:44:24 AM »

So it's officially on again next year then Tony?

I hope so!

I'm not a 'facebook' person so could only view a small amount of info, but this seems the better place to get info, and it would suggest it's hoped to run again in 2014.
If you're a F/ B person, maybe you can have a detailed read through........??

Introduced myself (and Dslam) to PJ at last year's show and had a good 10 minute chat, as the PLRC had a couple of bikes on a display/stand.
2013's show is Dec 7th, and according to F/B they'll have a stand/display again this year so I'm hoping to have a chat this Dec.

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #182 on: August 24, 2013, 02:39:00 PM »

There's hardly anything on the Facebook page, certainly nothing about next year.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
hunter

« Reply #183 on: August 24, 2013, 03:42:10 PM »

It seems there's more there than there is on the website.

I
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #184 on: August 24, 2013, 04:56:26 PM »

What there is on FB, now that I've found the right page, is the email address that's missing from the website!  I've emailed to ask about next year, but if you want to do the same it's

pendinelrc@gmail.com

Cool

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
panthershaun

« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2013, 02:27:00 PM »

the saltster is planned to be on the stand before a winter rip down and re-style... Until we all know any more re dates etc there isn't much to put public.. as soon as the guy's know for definite I shall put it up here..

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2013, 02:51:44 PM »

Thanks Shaun. I wasn't able to make it this year, but definitely want to go in '14.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
panthershaun

« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2013, 03:04:15 PM »

both event's were superb.. got to say the Hotrod event was something oh so special being pre-49 yank hotrods only....

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #188 on: September 15, 2013, 03:11:29 PM »

The photos looked great.

poprodder

« Reply #189 on: September 15, 2013, 07:35:04 PM »

video of all the rods coming back along the beach looked epic.

Tony oily bike

« Reply #190 on: September 15, 2013, 09:03:54 PM »

video of all the rods coming back along the beach looked epic.

Talking of things looking epic.............

For the 2013 bike event during the 'riders meeting' we were instructed to familiarise ourselves with the course by riding it behind the marshal's vehicle.

As my bike was up in the paddock, I and about 4 or so others, clung on the marshall's vehicle which meant we were at the front, so as we headed up the sand, we had a spectacular view of all the bikes (except ours) making their way along the famous sand behind us for the first speed event in many many years, a sight and half indeedy!!!

Thinking about it, that was a view that only a handful of us would have seen - don't think I'll forget that in a hurry!  Cool   Cool

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2013, 09:07:15 PM »

You are a lucky chap Tony. You're part of history!

Tony oily bike

« Reply #192 on: September 22, 2013, 11:41:28 AM »

Went to Kempton yesterday and managed to bump into the guys who we were chatting to at the Pendine (PLRC) motorcycle event in June from Baron's, Pete Allan & Dick Smith.

They'd recently come back from Bonneville after running the "Epsom Salt" bike (pretty apt name as Baron's is in Croydon and is only about 10 miles Epsom).
Some intersting tales indeed...........

The Epsom Salts bike-build and Bonneville expoits are currently being featured in Classic Bike Guide for those that are interested. (last issue, current issue (Aug 2013) and next issue).
The bike features a modified 650cc pre-unit Triumph.

This is a differnet bike to the one they ran at Pendine, as the PLRC entry was their own-build very pretty 500cc Triumph powered drag-bike, but with treaded tyres.
http://www.baronspeedshop.com/previous-builds/triumph-t100-sprint-bike/

http://www.baronspeedshop.com/
http://epsomsalt.blogspot.co.uk/

Tony oily bike

« Reply #193 on: September 22, 2013, 12:07:13 PM »

The PLRC mid-September newsletter has just been sent out, so I'm guessing (as a non-facebook person), that it may be visible there at some stage??  or maybe its a matter of becoming a member / friend of the club ? Not sure....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pendine-Landspeed-Racing-Club/166621133481919?fref=ts

http://www.pendinelrc.com/news/

The club are on the lookout for marshalls and has stated:
We are always looking for marhsalls so if you have friends that wish to join in please get them to send an email to us marked marshalls or even better come and say hello at Kempton Park.

Kempton Park show is Saturday 7th Dec  http://www.egp-enterprises.co.uk/calendar.html
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 12:16:40 PM by Tony oily bike » Logged

Tony oily bike

« Reply #194 on: October 19, 2013, 09:39:46 AM »

Bought a copy of Classic Bike Guide today (number 270 October 2013) hoping to see some more about 'Epsom Salt' at Bonneville, but alas, not in this issue,

however

the magazine, when bought at WH Smith or Sainsburys, comes with a free copy of September's 'Motorcycle Monthly' (a newspaper), and it features a two-page Pendine 2013 article, with particular mention to a Purple Panther!!  Cool

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  

Jump to: