April 19, 2024, 12:39:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48
  Print  
Author Topic: Deliverance  (Read 238241 times)
Olds

« Reply #660 on: August 26, 2017, 03:26:53 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy
Sorted for now, though it would no longer be MSVA compliant. Removed the lead from the relay to the hazard switch and now just use the switch to connect the left and right indicator circuits together.
This means that to turn on the hazards requires flipping the switch and turning on left or right indicators. Hardly a difficult task, I can do both at the same time, but technically it's not the single operation required.
Will still try to sort it out properly later.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #661 on: August 28, 2017, 04:23:11 PM »

Hiya mate.i did what you said RE the rad?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Olds

« Reply #662 on: August 29, 2017, 03:32:45 PM »

That looks a bit better.  Smiley

Olds

« Reply #663 on: April 14, 2018, 05:35:30 PM »

Pulled the trike out from hibernation and took it out for a bit of a ride. Nothing to report apart from, it still works. Smiley

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #664 on: April 14, 2018, 05:51:50 PM »

Must be the most reliable Reliant around Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
spanners

« Reply #665 on: April 14, 2018, 05:52:01 PM »

Pulled the trike out from hibernation and took it out for a bit of a ride. Nothing to report apart from, it still works. Smiley

I will more than glady regime it anytime you want

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Olds

« Reply #666 on: May 24, 2018, 12:00:06 PM »

MOT passed again with no problems. Wasn't due till 8th of June but with all the great weather we have been having, I though I'd get it done while the going was good. As usual the heavens opened and I got soaked.
Love going to the garage at Cliddesden as it's like riding into the past. Model AA Ford pickup, Ford Pilot pickup, Ford Pilot saloon, split screen Morris Minor, Austin 1300 Countryman (one of only four left), Fergy tractor and this Thorneycroft Swiftsure oil tanker.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 12:07:53 PM by Olds » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #667 on: May 24, 2018, 04:57:59 PM »

Congratulations on the MOT Smiley
Last time I was at the Cliddesden garage, a few years ago, the old man had his grandson inside the tanker body, cleaning it out.

Olds

« Reply #668 on: May 25, 2018, 03:51:53 AM »

Think that would have been in 2013 as they were working on the tank when the trike went for it's first MOT.
The "old man" is Tom Mansbridge who is heavily into old and unusual vehicles, always comes over for a chat when he sees the trike there.
The lovely Pilot pickup.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 03:54:31 AM by Olds » Logged

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #669 on: May 25, 2018, 08:21:15 AM »

OMG that's so lovely..I'd like that

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
JayJay

« Reply #670 on: May 26, 2018, 01:12:42 AM »

Looks an interesting place to visit. Pilot is very nice. Can't be many of those pickups around or if there is, they must be hidden away.

Your trike is very nice too. Still looking good. I think the weather is going to be a bit like that all week, sunshine and storms. So you take your chances. Does the back fill up? You should put one of those rain gauges in it to see how much rain you've ridden in.  Cheesy

Must be nice to have a trike that is so reliable, though that must be down to your craftsmanship. Cool

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Olds

« Reply #671 on: May 26, 2018, 06:21:00 AM »

Thanks JJ.
 Only time it's filled with water was, when I lined it with polythene and used a hose, to static load test it. Smiley
The Pilot pickups were only made for export, mainly Australia. There was also another pickup version called the Coupe Utility which is drop dead gorgeous.
There is a tenuous link between the V8 Pilot and Basingstoke, in that Ford started production using surplus Canadian  flat head V8's that were destined for the Bren Gun Carriers built by Thorneycroft.

Chevy Rick

« Reply #672 on: May 26, 2018, 10:00:40 AM »

Angry JJ you have got a trike that is reliable, that is until you let the water run low in the rad Huh
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 10:02:12 AM by Chevy Rick » Logged
Olds

« Reply #673 on: May 26, 2018, 10:24:18 AM »

I'm staying out of this one. Wink

Bit of a sad day for the trike. With my daughter now married and moved up north, the pillion pegs will no longer be needed, so have been removed.  Sad
On a brighter  note, the silencer has been reworked slightly internally and now produces a more pleasant (to me anyway) sound. Not loud, just deeper in tone Cheesy

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #674 on: May 26, 2018, 03:02:11 PM »

I remember her as a very enthusiastic pillion at the Popham bike show Dave. End of an era.
I deliver the Mail in Kempshott, Basingstoke. One of my customers, Mr Blissett, remembers the bren gun carriers being test driven up & down Kempshott Lane. Sometimes the driver would stop & give him a lift home from school in them.
He also remembers seeing plumes of black smoke rising from Kempshott House, (later demolished to make way for junction 7 of the M3), as the Army tested flame throwers there.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48
  Print  

Jump to: