March 28, 2024, 08:46:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: DESPERADO!. THE NORTH.  (Read 31339 times)
Olds

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2012, 07:02:07 AM »

Proper going to get expensive now, whatever happened to the vertualy free project.  Grin Grin
There's no such thing Cheesy
Just think of all the fun your having.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
The North

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2012, 04:39:50 PM »

Grin  Wrong size rings came it is std those that came ate +60s, the shells look right there is an oil feed restrictor thingy in a box i got with the 6 cylinder engines its new and restricts the oil flow to ensure the rockers get oil. I have not looked at it yet but think you can adjust it, was 41 pounds i have a reciept for it, and it will fit the fours.
  Triumphs are clatery things in my opinion these things are suposed to held them out .
The North

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2012, 10:19:02 PM »

Just got some bad news my mates just rang me says the crank is oval its out of spec and cant be reground.  I have no smal triumph type cranks so its a 1300 dolomite engine red rusty filthy but runs sweet. It will get the twin carbs fitted and i am striping nothing any further. Asthetics only this time if it dies i will cross that bridge then.  What a waste of time , and it ran brilliant good oil pressure everything it was a little rattly but man its a triumph they  clatter and rattle for england. I would put a 1600 six i kept out of a vitese but want to keep the tax bracket cheap. And it as no carbs. Wink
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2012, 11:09:47 PM »

Poo.  Sad

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
The North

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2012, 04:51:24 PM »

Dragged trhe last 1300 triumph out the shed tonight after i got home, nan its horible these dark nights it was a runner and no i am not striping it at all just start it on the floor and clean it quick lick of paint and its off in if it sounds ok. I just have too much stuff to find to use the 1600 vitese six and it as never ever run in my ownership. Not all my work as been wasted the carbs and manifold can go straight on, so will speed progress. Next problem, is cold and dark. I am allergic to cold great to take a brisk alk in but lay on a concrete floor Wink No i can feel an allergic reaction coming on allready.  May not be as fast a project as i first predicted.  Grin Grin
Olds

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2012, 05:36:33 PM »

An allergy to cold concrete is very common among those of us over a certain age. Wink

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2012, 10:12:02 PM »

I even found I was allergic to cold air today!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
The North

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2012, 05:29:05 PM »

I had an hour this afterniin, fiddled about with the 1300 it started up eventualy on the garage pit boards was a bit hazey blue but it cleared quick so think it could have just been laid over at some time, started and stoped it a few times it was clean as a wistle after a few times left it an half hour went back cracked straight up not a hint of oil to be seen.  It sounded ok to me and i am gambling on it put it that way, leaving engines as long as they are dry for years and years ussualy causes no problems anyway.
   It needs a lick pf paint i am doing it in a dark grey primer undercoat, it will look period enough then i think. the box is already clean and painted, and i got innlet/exh manifold gaslet in the full gasket set i got for the revuild on the other engine.
  It was 10 degree here today i can live with that for december and get domestic stuff and christmass day out the way, i may even get to do something on the car that remotly resembles a proper start.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2012, 07:16:28 PM »

Cool! We need piccies!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
The North

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2012, 10:20:45 PM »

Cool! We need piccies!
Struggling at the moment, its wedged in a shed and i am strugling to get panoramic shots of it, heres the chassis and the 1300 triumph.
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w91/tikka25/blackbeauty_zpsd2a2fed6.jpg
DESPERADO!. THE NORTH.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w91/tikka25/motor_zps66d241e2.jpg
DESPERADO!. THE NORTH.

that fancy rocker cover is still going on the dollamite  engine
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w91/tikka25/rovkerlid_zpsc49ba6b7.jpg
DESPERADO!. THE NORTH.
The North

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2013, 08:27:36 PM »

If i am not to miss another  trials year  i am going to have to complete the rebuild on this  rickman , in fact this car has to be complete may.
  I had hoped to dedicate far more time this winter to the devon and desperado cars but sevral setbacks and limited workshop space have made this impossible untill the weather breaks.. Thats if it does this year.
   The Rickman.
 Pig ugly are they not, got to be the most unloved kit car out there.  Grin Grin  

Class 7 Riclman project.
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w91/tikka25/Picture816.jpg
DESPERADO!. THE NORTH.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:33:43 PM by The North » Logged
bitzman5

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2013, 11:38:14 PM »

IV HAD THE ALBAR BEACH BUGGY RICKMAN BULLDOG THEN THE RICKMAN SPACE RANGER LOVED IT THEN THE JAGO GEEP THEN THE MK2 BLITZ

May your gardian angel fly faster than you can ride
The North

« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2013, 05:45:00 PM »

The buldogs are a neat little thing i quite like them, with trialing the marlins just take the abuse, as for the ranger they are a briliant galvanised from new chassis and very good grp work, but they are like most kit cars at the moment strugling to fetch any kind of money especialy if off the road or striped you cant give them away.
spanners

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2013, 11:25:25 PM »

The buldogs are a neat little thing i quite like them, with trialing the marlins just take the abuse, as for the ranger they are a briliant galvanised from new chassis and very good grp work, but they are like most kit cars at the moment strugling to fetch any kind of money especialy if off the road or striped you cant give them away.
another one has appeared on ebay ,,,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
The North

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2013, 08:17:30 PM »

17 bids and its not made reserve Shocked  What does he want for the thing  Grin Grin They could have mine for that and its still moted.  Grin Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: