April 23, 2024, 12:59:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: DESPERADO!. THE NORTH.  (Read 31581 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2012, 10:15:48 PM »

Make a bolt-on panel to cover it, then unbolt it after the test.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
The North

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2012, 10:18:07 PM »

Grin Its going to happen.  Wink
The North

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 06:33:47 PM »

Went around for the flanges tonight he had not had chance to do them. Sad
  But Smiley He said he could bend my box section at his mates so not all bad news, i have to settle on a rear body shape now  Huh Not sure what to do here i cant even see the thing in profile at the moment its that wedged in Shocked.
So its a pencil and photoshop to decide  Embarrassed Amateur or what ?
 Are we daunted? Are we heck as like onward and upward that's us Smiley
  There i sound confident Cool. But i am not.  Undecided Lips Sealed Tongue Grin Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 08:32:59 PM »

Again mate, check Darren's Brooklands Bodycraft site for some pointers on body styles.  Wink

http://www.brooklandsbodycraft.co.uk/

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
The North

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 09:57:01 PM »

I like this from that firm, plenty to go at on there. Cool
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w91/tikka25/10afe12314_zps60fd498a.jpg
DESPERADO!. THE NORTH.

kapri

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 07:43:01 PM »

No problems with exterior exhausts, only down to radii again. Most Lotus 7 type kits run o/s and still pass BIVA.
spanners

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 09:26:03 PM »

No problems with exterior exhausts, only down to radii again. Most Lotus 7 type kits run o/s and still pass BIVA.
what we need os a professional like ,kapri, Wink to take our projects through the process  Wink Wink Smiley

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
The North

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 09:27:53 PM »

Thats good to know thank you, i think this car because i am putting it together with IVA in mind wont be half as much trouble getting through as a standard  none IVA friendly marlin roadster would be.  
The North

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2012, 09:31:19 PM »

what we need os a professional like ,kapri, Wink to take our projects through the process  Wink Wink Smiley
  Exactly a great help in these troubled waters. Smiley...................... Huh Troubled waters Huh  Grin Grin Where did that come from? I wiill be braking out in to song next.  Grin Grin
spanners

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2012, 09:34:23 PM »

north,, did you get sorted for bendin da, box,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
The North

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2012, 09:50:24 PM »

Well! I think so Wink My mate who is supposed to be cutting me the exhaust flanges, says he can get it done. So i am sort of resigned to spend a little money and have it done that way, But this is all in the balance, my mate he is a good lad with a ig heart but he has a business he is trying to keep going and more problems at the moment in his personal life than you could shake a stick at. So we will wait and see, just how it pans out.
  It will be done good sir, the North is a survivor and if i have to chop the flanges out with the oxy and grind them tidy i will or even drill them out and grind then, done it before and can again if needs must. 
panthershaun

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2012, 06:42:12 PM »

superb build sir.. my next project will be very similar but I will be using up the Model Y Ford stuff noone wants to build mine  Wink but mustn't start it until pop is on the road or it will never get finished  Grin Grin

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
The North

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2012, 10:59:32 PM »

It would be a proper 30s special based on a Y. From my point of view as stated its a needs must thing with me, or should i say it was initially Wink now i have a drive established to see it through. My problem is i have too many irons in the fire and day to day life keeps getting in the way.
 i am not a greedy man just bless me with a little money i don't need 17 million like a lottery winner 1 million will do honest.  Grin Grin
The North

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 09:34:37 PM »

Got a bit of spare time and Sorted out the front suspension this afternoon i had the front arms and springs powder coated a wile back and got the new shockers fitted dug out my box of shims and sorted out the front uprights brand new wheel bearings, using spitfire disks and calipers i decided the GT6 ones i have are not as good condition.  we are ready to get it rolling hopefully Tuesday when i am off.

spanners

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2012, 10:17:16 PM »

who do you use for powder coating ?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: