April 19, 2024, 03:57:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 49
  Print  
Author Topic: my new trike project  (Read 199563 times)
ROD

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 03:39:52 PM »

tbones right.
twisted

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 07:44:32 PM »

yeah looks like thats what i will have to do. thought i might get more seens from the vosa test centre which is just round the corner. no i didnt! was told to make up my own 17 digit vin number and apply for msva  Shocked? so yes of to dvla office at some point for a calm conversation.
am planning to start cleaning her down at the weekend and try making a cover for the starter motor thing that threatens to eat your trousers.

a man with a fork in a world full of soup
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012, 07:52:54 PM »

That'll be the exposed pinnion gear then.
I think you can make up your own number but not sure how you register that with the DVLA, (I haven't put a trike through the MSVA yet). Any more pointers anyone?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
one arm bandit

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2012, 08:50:16 PM »

ive been told the same,but off my local dvla Huh then was on hold for ages so hung up     
ps they said it should be 3 letters of you choise first then 14 digets
ROD

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2012, 06:10:25 AM »

Ive heard that you can make up your own number,but it has to start with certain letters..SABT if I recall.i let dvla issue mine,as I thought that way I wont have any argument later!
Cabman77

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2012, 02:28:59 PM »

You can put any old thing you like as a chassis number. Just stamp it in and in the box, on the forms, that says chassis number write it down. If you haven`t got a chassis number they give you one of theirs. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
Al

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2012, 03:33:49 PM »

trike looks stunning good luck with it bud
you will be out and about in no time
and good luck with msva
AL
i don't know if your on another forum but Chris ireland used to put his own desperate dans numbers on his frames we got a phoenix trike off him years ago with them on it
maybe Worth an email if your going down that route
Cabman77

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2012, 04:43:00 PM »

All the custom builders do/did that. Uncle Bunt prefixed with UB and Cycle Haven used CH (obviously. Cuddles trike is registered as an Everett Trike and the frame number starts with EVERETT I believe.

twisted

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2012, 08:35:15 PM »

i hope to get over to the dvla one day this week and sort out the vin thing. will let you now what happens when i get there.
had a little time today so cleaned up the front forks with 3in1 and gave her a wipe down  Cheesy. have ordered some engine paint so waiting for that now.
thinking about getting a new tank and then might have to get new bars bent up.

twisted

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 08:50:25 PM »

right i am planning to go to the dvla tomorrow so fingers crossed i get it sorted on a lunch hour.
i have another question now. i am looking at getting a bigger petrol tank. only trouble is that because its wider the throttle cable mount is getting in the way. would it cause any problems if i bent it back a bit? i am only trying to gain a 1/4" to 1/2". this is the bracket i am talkie about. sorry for the newbie question. Roll Eyes
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/twistedspirit76/mobile%20pics/IMAG0519.jpg
my new trike project

Cabman77

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2012, 09:04:34 PM »

It may interfere with the pull on the cable unless you can canter  the plate that the cable pulls on the same amount. May I suggest the usual method of engineering, on this forum, suck it and see. If it don`t work put it back the way it was.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

fifer

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2012, 10:06:39 PM »

As Cabman says ;
bend the f**k*r till it misses then see if the throttle is ok .
You do not have to use that bracket in that position .

You can also fit a cable adjuster as per Old British bikes
The following is just one of many companies who supply them

http://www.wemoto.com/parts/lever_cable_adjuster

Confucious ; He say that man who take woman up hill , him not on level
twisted

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2012, 10:43:57 PM »

ha ha super cheers boys. i will go out to the garage in a mo with a torch and see how much more room i can get out of her. then i can go blow my money on a new bigger tank  Grin

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2012, 10:44:34 PM »

Make a new bracket that turns the outer cable end stop through 90 degrees, and allow the stop freedom to swivel and self centre, that will give you all the clearance you need, Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
twisted

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2012, 11:43:14 PM »

well that dont work  Angry bent it out the way but now the carb (silver bottle) is in the way!!! aaarrrgh! no bigger tank for me now. will have to get the smaller 9l tank for now. maybe in the future i will have one made up to fit  Wink.
right what about handle bars? i want to bend some up but am having trouble finding the right tubing. the 1 3/8" erw (1" bore) and 7/8" pipe are proving a bit illusive! anyone have a source where i can get about 3m of one and 1m of the other? the guy at my local plumb centre looked at me like i had two heads when i asked for it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 49
  Print  

Jump to: