April 26, 2024, 11:52:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49
  Print  
Author Topic: my new trike project  (Read 199972 times)
twisted

« on: September 10, 2012, 09:06:32 PM »

here is my my new trike project  Grin as you my know this was spanners trike which he kindly sold to me. spanners has done a splendid job of building her up to this point. i plan to finish her off, get a new vin number, get her msva'ed, get her resprayed and out on the road.
so here are some pictures of my new pass time.
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/twistedspirit76/trikeright.jpg
my new trike project

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/twistedspirit76/trikeleft.jpg
my new trike project

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/twistedspirit76/trikefront.jpg
my new trike project

and the new owner finding it hard to belive he now has a trike
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/twistedspirit76/meontrike.jpg
my new trike project

a man with a fork in a world full of soup
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 10:00:42 PM »

Grin Posing already Craig!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
twisted

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 11:00:07 PM »

yeah! wait till i get her rollin  Grin

hunter

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 12:36:45 AM »

Good to see a happy man.

I
spanners

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 12:49:17 AM »

Cry Cry Cry

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
ROD

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 04:07:59 AM »

So whats to be done to finish then Craig?
steven brock

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 07:41:26 AM »

Looks done to me!

steel wasn't invented to make bloody staples with!
one arm bandit

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 08:15:19 AM »

theres know deniying mike built a beauty, let me just tell from one new triker to another..you'll bloody love it Wink hope it all goes well for you and she'll soon be on the road Wink
nabsim

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 08:20:28 AM »

Yes it looks ready to go? What work is left on it?

ROD

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 01:58:56 PM »

bench seat or not?
twisted

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 09:07:21 PM »

not to much to do. some wiring needs doing and the tank needs flushing and putting back on. i need to print out the msva documents to double check what needs to go on her. think i need to add a couple of indication lights for stuff like full beams, hazards etc. mike suggested a lower profile tyre so will look into that. i think i will try to internally wire the bars to keep them as clear as poss. not to much really. it will be mainly tweeking things the way i want them.
first thing i will need to do is get a new vin. have to find where to apply for that. mate is engineer so has numbers i think i can use to stamp into the head.
dont think she will take a bench, will see how it goes, family are not so sure about going on her yet, think shes a bit low!!. i am going to make a removable pillion seat i think though just in case. am sure they will change there minds once shes rolling. if not lone rider it is  Grin

fifer

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 11:20:07 PM »

Link to New Vin plates at

https://sites.google.com/site/fifersrelianthintsandtips/chassis-vin-plates

Confucious ; He say that man who take woman up hill , him not on level
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 06:55:20 PM »

Procedures seem to vary from office to office.
I went to my local DVLA office in Wimbledon, South London, filled in a form & showed proof of identity & address, & was given a VIN number there & then. Taz went with me & did the same for her trike build. That was a couple of years ago. Both projects are still half built in the shed, but the DVLA girl said once the numbers were issued, they stayed allocated to us unless we officially cancelled them.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
twisted

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 08:56:24 PM »

well looks like i have a bright bunch at my local! i phoned them today to check i could go there and get it and what i would need. i said i wanted to get a new vin number for a trike i was near finishing,"is it road worthy yet?" he says. no i answer but i want the vin number so as soon as its done i can book it for the test. "hold on a minuet" he says. after going away to check "yeah what you need to do is get it road worthy then apply for a test" he says.  Huh"yes i know, the msva test, but i want the vin first before i do that" says i. "get it road worthy then get it tested" he says" you can download the form, its a v65" says he. thanks i say thinking i have now got what i need. get on the net go to directgov to download form....... no such form number?? &*%$£!  Angry looks like another phone call and fingers crossed i get the right answers before taking the time going there.

tbone

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 10:45:59 AM »

You`re better off going down to see them in person, take some ID and any reciepts that Mike gave you for donor parts.
They can give you any forms that they need completed and you can fill them in while you are there.
Try to deal with just one person if possible but be prepared to ask for the duty manager if things get `stuck`.
Be polite but firm and dont take no for an answer! You are asking for a VIN for a newly built vehicle, unregistered vehicle, its their job to issue you with one.

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49
  Print  

Jump to: