April 16, 2024, 07:33:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Met"amorphosis  (Read 68837 times)
phunkie hiboy

« Reply #195 on: September 22, 2015, 04:54:38 PM »

Depends what metal you want your item to be cast in, Mark. If it's ally, there's a company down in Lymington that can probably help or if it can be bronze or bronze alloy, there's a company at Lasham.

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
Stix

« Reply #196 on: June 18, 2016, 06:33:34 PM »

has there been any more progress on this?Huh

stix
phunkie hiboy

« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2016, 07:44:06 PM »

I'm afraid not.
 Got really busy at work, then we decided to sell the roadster and buy something we could get straight in a drive and do events with. We ended up buying a 1957 MG Magnette ZB (this was last August) that had been restored but had a tired engine and box. An easy fix, or we thought so. Found that were some major anomalies that needed to be fixed, in other areas. Just doing it piece meal as we're using it and building another engine for it, to be installed over the winter. Engine's not dissimilar to the one for the Met, but will have a blower and fuel injection on a modern version of the Derrington cylinder head.
I will get back on it when time permits. Looked at it the other day and it hasn't deteriorated at all while it's been sitting there!!

Stix

« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2016, 08:47:52 PM »

Thanks for the reply,I had just re-read the whole thread and am waiting to see the finished car as no doubt you are, it's funny how a new car with just a couple of little jobs can turn into a bit of a marathon, best of luck with the magnette but we do like pics ya knows Grin
Stix
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #199 on: June 18, 2016, 08:49:50 PM »

Saw a very nice Metropolitan on the M4 near Bridgend in S Wales today.Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
phunkie hiboy

« Reply #200 on: June 19, 2016, 06:43:34 AM »

I might know who that is. Possibly the Met owners contact for the DVLA.

kapri

« Reply #201 on: June 19, 2016, 08:38:41 AM »

Thanks for the reply,I had just re-read the whole thread and am waiting to see the finished car as no doubt you are, it's funny how a new car with just a couple of little jobs can turn into a bit of a marathon, best of luck with the magnette but we do like pics ya knows Grin
Stix

Tell me about it Sad
Stix

« Reply #202 on: June 19, 2016, 09:12:45 AM »

Stix

Tell me about it Sad

But you can rebuild Capris with your eyes closed Kev. Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
  Print  

Jump to: