May 01, 2024, 03:26:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Victory Wheelers South Coast Internationals 17 - 19 Aug' '12  (Read 10056 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: July 21, 2012, 08:39:35 AM »

Victory Wheelers
35th South Coast Internationals,
17-19 August 2012
The Victory Wheelers would like to welcome all hot rodders and custom fans to their 35th Birthday celebrations.

Camping Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening
Bands, Burlesque, DJ
Cruise through the New Forest
Trade Stands and Fun Fair
Sunday Swap Meet
Sunday Public Show & Shine Day, open from 10am
The show is to be held in the grounds of the magnificent country estate of Pylewell Park with a show ground boasting probably one of the best views in the country looking down to the Solent and across to the Isle of Wight, with the back drop of the 17th Century Pylewell House.

This is situated less than 2 miles from Lymington, in the heart of the New Forest.
This year the gates will open at 10am Friday, with camping available Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening, with departures on Monday morning.

The usual Victory Wheelers events will take place, with Live Bands, DJ, Cruise through the New Forest, Trade Stands, Real Ale and Cider marquees, Fun Fair and many more attractions to be announced in due course.

Sunday will be Show & Shine Day where all American, Hotrod & Custom cars are welcome to attend, and prizes will be awarded in various categories.

For Booking information and details about the show, please go to: www.southcoastinternationals.com

We hope that you all have a fun and relaxing weekend at our show.

www.southcoastinternationals.com

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 07:37:35 PM »

Discount tickets available here:

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/reading/the-pylewell-park-food-and-drink-festival/8904221?nlp=&CID=UK_CRM_1_0_0_220&a=182

phunkie hiboy

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 08:12:26 PM »

Not good, so our £75 weekend that we paid for in May is now only £34. How's that work then??

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 08:43:20 PM »

Poo.

terry t

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 09:00:58 PM »

Not good, so our £75 weekend that we paid for in May is now only £34. How's that work then??
same old story. those who got theres early to make sure there had there ticket are penalised.  the organizers still have a lot of tickets left and want to get rid of so 1/2 price.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 10:07:51 PM »

Seems there's a lot of ...spirited discussion, about the organisers, refunds etc, (check FaceBook, Rods n Sods forum etc). I'm definitely not getting involved in this one, but the Victory Wheelers have put their name to an event organised by New Forest Food Fairs. After the first show date was postponed a new date was set & ticket holders given assurances they could re-use their tickets or get refunds. Apparently the refunds ain't happening, for show goers or stall holders. To make things worse, cut price tickets are now being offered by a third company, "Groupon", a discount site selling to the general public. That means those who bought supposedly discount advance tickets are now finding they could've got them for half the price from Groupon. There's also concern that advertising cut price tickets to "non car people" is going to invite trouble.
The Wheelers are a real nice bunch of guys & several are forum members here, but it appears they've been caught up in a dispute not of their making.
Hope things can be sorted out & we wish you well for the show guys.

JayJay

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 10:36:48 AM »

Thanks Andy. Your post was the first I knew of it but I don't go on Facebook and only occasionally Rods n Sods.

The moral of this tale is be careful who you get into bed with. We, Victory Wheelers, did so in good faith and have had nothing but grief. Our Chairman has worked tirelessly to see this through and keep ticket buyers, traders and members as happy as possible. As you say Andy, its VW's name being slagged off but other than choosing to join with Simon Scutt and Pylewell for this event, everything else has been (mis)handled by them.  They have made decisions without consulting us and they have done little in preparation. Angry

It is unfortunate that things have turned out as they have, and VW is hoping its supporters will stay true and help us get past this.

The VW Chairman has told me that this recent cheap ticket move was, yet again, without VW's knowledge and now we know, they are being told to withdraw them.

Again, we are sorry for making a bad choice but as I have already said, it was in good faith and at the end of this all, all we want is for all those who are attending, to have a good time.

Keep smiling, we are doing our best to as well.  Smiley

JJ (and Victory Wheeler member)

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
phunkie hiboy

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 05:16:56 PM »

Thanks Andy. Your post was the first I knew of it but I don't go on Facebook and only occasionally Rods n Sods.

The moral of this tale is be careful who you get into bed with. We, Victory Wheelers, did so in good faith and have had nothing but grief. Our Chairman has worked tirelessly to see this through and keep ticket buyers, traders and members as happy as possible. As you say Andy, its VW's name being slagged off but other than choosing to join with Simon Scutt and Pylewell for this event, everything else has been (mis)handled by them.  They have made decisions without consulting us and they have done little in preparation. Angry

It is unfortunate that things have turned out as they have, and VW is hoping its supporters will stay true and help us get past this.

The VW Chairman has told me that this recent cheap ticket move was, yet again, without VW's knowledge and now we know, they are being told to withdraw them.

Again, we are sorry for making a bad choice but as I have already said, it was in good faith and at the end of this all, all we want is for all those who are attending, to have a good time.

Keep smiling, we are doing our best to as well.  Smiley

JJ (and Victory Wheeler member)

Thanks for the reply. Our concerns are for security on Saturday whilst the cruise is on. This event has been opened up to the general public on Saturday, which has not happened before.
 For the price of a one day cheap ticket anybody can come in and steal what's around to take (it's happened at Billing and the Nats before).
 We're stuck in the middle, if we don't come we loose our money, if we do come we might loose other things.
And as for "they are being told to withdraw them" since this morning (7.30) they've sold 70 odd tickets and as at this time(18.15) they're still for sale!!

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
renegade53

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 07:42:53 PM »

the question also must be are the public allowed to stay for the evening event. having purchased an early bird ticket then to find tickets are being sold cheaper. to be honest i don't like the idea of the public walking around when the cruise is on. it's putting me in 2 minds as to go or not

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 09:40:53 PM »

I don't want to join a wave of anti show sentiment, especially as I'll be elsewhere that weekend anyway, but it does seem that every time "professional" promoters are involved, the clubs that put in all the work end up with "the fluffy end of the lollipop" as Ms Monroe put it.

kapri

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 07:47:02 AM »

Similar situation with Beaulieu that saw Wheelers parting company with them. All Beaulieu were seeing was flashing pound notes sign while the Wheelers were trying to do what they always do, ensure a good show for all.

PLEASE don't take this out on the Wheelers , they are financially heavily committed to the show and so cannot do what they'd really like to.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 07:17:18 PM »

My thoughts exactly Kev.
I'd already arranged to be at a Wild Bunch drag club get-together in Wiltshire, so won't be at the Pylewell show. We're only a little site, but we do try to do our bit to publicise all events. Hope it works itself out.

renegade53

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 08:35:12 PM »

i'm down for marshalling the camp site on friday pm

JayJay

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 11:46:56 PM »

Good weekend so far. People seem quite happy and like the Pylewell Estate setting. We had the New Forest cruise today which went well, mainly due to our own Chevy Rick's hard work and excellent preparation, with help last evening and today from our own Renegade (Dave).

Rick and I haven't stayed for the evening entertainment this year but the bands have been good so far and I am sure Dave will be providing photos of tonight's burlesque ladies.  Shocked

Anyway, I hope tomorrow's Show and Shine goes well. We are off to Popham and hopefully, we will see a few of you Mankies up there.

JJ  Smiley

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 07:51:30 AM »

Glad it's going well for you guys. I think Kapri's going to Pylewell for the day today.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: